GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Anyone here running any sort of master cylinder brace? My next purchase is gonna include a RS3 master cylinder for my BBK and figured if people had good luck with braces i'd pick one up and install with the new MC.
It's worth it's weight in gold. The brace completely improves the pedal feel.
I'm waiting for install to decide if I really want one. I'm sure that I'm going to decide I want one, but I'll be changing pads, rotors, full fluid flush, and adding stainless lines and Tyrolsport's caliper stiffeners. Wanna see how all that feels before I decide I need the brace. Trying to be somewhat clinical about this...
Skip the stiffening kit, waste of money. I had that before I put a bbk on and noticed absolutely no difference.

torga

Autocross Champion
Skip the stiffening kit, waste of money. I had that before I put a bbk on and noticed absolutely no difference.
I've had the kit for a little over a year, bought it for only $40. May as well put it on.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
I was just using shorthand, my b. The Mk2 TT-S MC is 1", so 25.4mm.
You got a part number for it? I can't seem to find one for it.
It's worth it's weight in gold. The brace completely improves the pedal feel.

Well I guess i'll be getting the brace along with a bigger MC

torga

Autocross Champion
You got a part number for it? I can't seem to find one for it.
I never got a P/N for it, it was a bit of a gamble to order because there was a nonzero chance it'd be a 23mm MC (base TT is same size as GTI). When I got it in, I was relieved to see a 25 stamped on the cylinder.
The wrecking yard did give me a VIN, though. Working backwards from that VIN, that confirmed that I did indeed order a MC off a Mk2 TT-S -- 2009, to be exact. Plugged that into Audi parts, and I'm getting 8J1611021EREP for a P/N.

I didn't ultimately keep it -- I bundled it with my TT-RS calipers when I flipped them. Since I went back to my R32 brakes plan, I figured the 23mm + a Tyrol MC brace would be enough, since both the Mk5 R32 and Mk6R came with 23mm MCs.

Phur

Autocross Champion
I'm waiting for install to decide if I really want one. I'm sure that I'm going to decide I want one, but I'll be changing pads, rotors, full fluid flush, and adding stainless lines and Tyrolsport's caliper stiffeners. Wanna see how all that feels before I decide I need the brace. Trying to be somewhat clinical about this...
You forgot calipers. 😉

spacewitch

Hi Folks anyone know what might be the issue here? I just replaced radiator, air condensor, intercooler. topped up coolant and turn on the ignition for the first time after the car had accident. the engine light is on and cant rev past 4k. ESP light was on before the ignition but went away after. the engine had weird/concerning sound seems like it was not getting enough power and shaking. but that went away too afterwards. the video can be found in the link below

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Hi Folks anyone know what might be the issue here? I just replaced radiator, air condensor, intercooler. topped up coolant and turn on the ignition for the first time after the car had accident. the engine light is on and cant rev past 4k. ESP light was on before the ignition but went away after. the engine had weird/concerning sound seems like it was not getting enough power and shaking. but that went away too afterwards. the video can be found in the link below

Have you scanned your CEL with a Vagcom or something like it? Could be boost leak or a failing intake manifold. . But video doesn't do much without knowing what codes you're throwing.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
No I did not. will look into that. wondering if a obd scanner gonna do the job?
Obd will give you generic readings. VAGCOM will allow you more in depth diagnostic.

You did do a ton of disconnections on your front end. It would be worth looking at everything past the turbo to see if something is not seated correctly.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
a stock gti wont rev past 4000 in Neutral

smanierre

Autocross Champion

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion

smanierre

Autocross Champion

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Thats the belt tensioner, I need a dummy pulley to replace the ac condenser I ripped out.
Ohh.. hmm 🤔

Edit: might be a junkyard run Im afraid