GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Has anybody who’s had an injector fail found that any of the others failed soon after?

I have a bad one and I’m debating whether or not to just replace all of them at the same time.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Has anybody who’s had an injector fail found that any of the others failed soon after?

I have a bad one and I’m debating whether or not to just replace all of them at the same time.
I had one get stuck open after getting a carbon cleaning. I'm not sure if the cleaning caused it or not. It drove fine after they replaced the intake and did the cleaning, but when I went to go pick it up they said an injector was stuck open and they needed the car overnight to fix it. I never had a problem with any of the others.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

Doing them all at once would be peace of mind for me. I'd kick myself for not doing them all should another one go soon after. Probably a worthwhile "while you're in there" situation.

Last edited:

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Yeah I’d probably go the “while I’m in there” route and do them all.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
ECS in the business of selling damaged/returned turbos now :ROFLMAO:

smanierre

Autocross Champion

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Is there a torque spec for the intake manifold nuts and bolts? My Google-Fu has come up short.

Right now my torque spec is "snug, because it's an aluminum head and I don't want to strip anything."

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Yeah no one has a tq wrench that goes that low. Most people just screw em in gudntight. It isn't a big deal if you do over torque them and strip the block as the block has a few more threads beyond that so you can always just put in a longer screw if you fuck it up

Last edited:

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Yeah no one has a tq wrench that goes that low. Most people just screw em in gudntight. It isn't a big deal if you do over torque them and strip the block as the block has a few more threads beyond that so you can always just put in a longer screw if you fuck it up
I have one for firearm assembly that goes that low...