GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Ultimate "Driver's" Road Trip

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Colby!!!! How ya doing!?!

You and your crazy road trip randomly popped in my head the other day.

Cole2999

Autocross Champion
Haha planning one of your own? I was actually just thinking yesterday how I never did a cost analysis of gas for the trip.

I haven't been on the forums, because I'm broke yet I know I'll keep buying parts if I'm on here.

Car still has a blown shock, now I've got a clicking CV axle, my DV is still causing codes (and won't let me inspect my car), and my tensioner still isn't done 🤦🏼‍♂️ I tried doing it Monday but my triple squares were too long for the engine mounts so I ordered some; those come in today and I'm gonna finally do it tomorrow.

And I think about my trip constantly 😪 honestly the best feeling in my life was day 2 when I realized I had zero obligations, zero expectations, and the entire country at my fingertips. You just don't get that feeling of freedom ever. I've jumped out of a plane, and that was freeing; absolutely nothing compared to this trip.
It cost me around 1200-1500 in gas, about 1000 in preparations, and prob another 500-700 in random expenses, and even though I could've used that to pay off a lot of my debt from my engine replacement, I'm glad I didn't. Trip was the best decision I've ever made, and I only wish more places were open and I had more time.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion