GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The ULTIMATE Workout Thread

Lou Maiuri

Banned
It's the only way to go man. When I see overweight people sucking down cigarettes with their overweight children it saddens me. Stripping a child of so many opportunities should be considered child abuse in my book. Oh well, gotta focus on numero uno

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
It's the only way to go man. When I see overweight people sucking down cigarettes with their overweight children it saddens me. Stripping a child of so many opportunities should be considered child abuse in my book. Oh well, gotta focus on numero uno

To parallel that:

I see people all the time here at work that are MORBIDLY obese WAITING FOR THE ELEVATOR when the door to the stairs are literally 3 feet from it. I'm talking fat tired 300-400+ pounds. smh

Lou Maiuri

Banned
To parallel that:

I see people all the time here at work that are MORBIDLY obese WAITING FOR THE ELEVATOR when the door to the stairs are literally 3 feet from it. I'm talking fat tired 300-400+ pounds. smh

Ahh the grizzled veteran. I work in DC and I see many a grizzled veteran, complete with backpacks with wheels and all kinds of other funny shit. Watched Office Space at the tint shop after starting the daily grind and it made me laugh harder than the previous 10+ times I've seen it. The way those guys got the frustration of commute + office life down to a T is brilliant. I'm glad I take the train and only have an office of 6 people though or I would definitely lose my mind.

Jaxper

Go Kart Champion
Howdy folks! Been a while since I posted here. I'm normally on at work since I'm typically very busy once I get home, but I've had class through work so I don't have full internet access with it.

Lately been focusing on cutting, but I got shin splints again within about two days of treadmill runs (eff you treadmill). Hopefully they'll subside soon so I can get back to doing what I want. In the mean time, I'll be using the elliptical woo.

Aigoo

Ready to race!
Alright Gentlemen......I figured some of you all can relate. Maybe I'm still on my preworkout rage or my post workout high....but I need to rant:

I've been suggesting to folks in my group to come ot the company gym in the mornings. I'm always the only one there (4:30am) and figured we could spot each other to really get some heavy weight reps going. Well, one guy who is a total meat head that works out at a "Gold's Gym" decided to come along for the ride.

Anways, let me preface this by saying: I'm not a big guy. Nor do I strive to be. I'm not lifting cars over my head or doing Olympic weighted reps. I sustain and do moderate weight for what I feel is pushing myself to the limits. I did the whole powerlifting and was 180 when I was finishing up college, but my joints hurt and I felt sick all the time, but I felt huge and ripped....since then, I've dialed the weight back and aimed more for a 4x8 setup with a lot of endurance reps and cardio. I'm focused more on health sustainability rather than big penis mentality.

Anyways....the guy came in right in the middle of my workout. Back and Biceps was the flavor that day and I was in the middle of dead lifts. The FIRST thing he says to me is:

"I thought you did more weight since you worked out ALL the time. I'm disappoint."

Still, on my PWO rage, I sort of snapped since I was in the zone and said:

"Does it matter? I'm 2 years married. I'm not looking to impress anyone, nor prove my worth or strength to anyone. I strive to better myself and my health and ultimately want to gain the trifecta of a healthy life: Mind, Spirit, and Body. I've never done steroids and never felt the need to."

He was sort of taken aback by this and didnt really grasp the concept well. Jokingly, he said: "Let me show you how its done."

Fast forward 30minutes later. I'm finishing up my weight traininig and eating a nice cinnamon raisin bagel to carb up before I do some cardio. He is sweating like a waterfall looking as tired as ever. He comes up to me and says:

"Dude...how are you doing cardio after such a long workout? Arent you tired?"

I said: "Nope, I got 15-20 more minutes left."

He walked out the door not 5minutes later after he did a "Cool Down" that consisted of staring at himself streteching in the mirror.

Endurance >>>>> Strength. Thoughts?

RANT RANT RANT RANT RANT. Sorry guys....had to. It IS a forum after all right? :D

nice rant :p

Devils advocate here: After doing heavy squats there's no way in heck i could do any form of cardio lol. Way more tired from that then when i do cardio.

he does sound like a meathead though ahaha.

How long do your workouts usually last?

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
nice rant :p

Devils advocate here: After doing heavy squats there's no way in heck i could do any form of cardio lol. Way more tired from that then when i do cardio.

he does sound like a meathead though ahaha.

How long do your workouts usually last?

Weight training lasts about 45min to an hot and cardio is about 15-20mins on training days and 30-45 on others.

I reload my carbs a lot before my cardio

donefor

Go Kart Newbie
After doing heavy squats there's no way in heck i could do any form of cardio lol.

I found that if i've got enough left to get on a bike without falling off, i can spin lightly for about 20 min then ramp up to HR ~150 bpm. Not anywhere near peak, but "enough".

Some days, though, i barely have enough left to stagger to the shower... :bellyroll:

DubLife

Ready to race!
Ughh. Been sick for the past week.havent worked out at all since last Wednesday.eaten like crap the past week to. So bad that I ate at five guys last night with some buddies.still recovering from that meal. Just trying to get through work today and restart my workout routine later

dustinouch

Go Kart Champion
^^Been there, eating like crap doesn't really affect my lifts but after being sick my endurance goes way down.

I've been anti-supplement, but decided I might do a little experiementing. I've been using Forza's BCAA and PWO that a friend recommended. In terms of stimulants its supposed to be pretty tame, equivalent to 1 cup of coffee. Lifts have increased, pushed through some plateaus I've been struggling with. I'm very happy with the results so far. No sleep issues either.

http://forzaonenutrition.com/forzaonenutrition/products/bcaa_sport
http://forzaonenutrition.com/forzaonenutrition/products/noxp3

I'll cycle off after the tub in a couple of months, and see how I feel then.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Like some of you guys were saying, pay attention to the way clothes fit, belt loopholes, etc, and although I’m only down about 13lbs or so from 2mos ago, I’m doing much better with how my clothes fit – both pants and shirts, etc. And my wife noticed too. Definitely got a lot more work to do, but glad to see and feel some progress!

Lou Maiuri

Banned
Like some of you guys were saying, pay attention to the way clothes fit, belt loopholes, etc, and although I’m only down about 13lbs or so from 2mos ago, I’m doing much better with how my clothes fit – both pants and shirts, etc. And my wife noticed too. Definitely got a lot more work to do, but glad to see and feel some progress!

13 lbs in two months is pretty amazing, keep it up!

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
thanks dude!

Rockchops

Go Kart Champion

Only 13lbs in 2 mos :p? I'm down just a bit more than that in over a year, in 2 months that is incredible progress! Awesome work!

Aigoo

Ready to race!

13 lbs in two months is huge! on top of that, you probably lost more than 13 lbs of fat, since you're gaining muscle at the same time.

keep up the great work!

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Oh wow – thank you very much guys for making me feel better about this, haha.. to me, it seemed slow!!! But then again, back in the day, you could take some ephedra, workout hard, and lose 40lbs in 2mos, lulz…. Then I had heart palpitations for like 6months.. good times! No wonder the stuff became illegal….