GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Today's Best Mounts

SmoothCat565

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 VW MKVII GTI
which motor/trans mounts are you using?

The unitronic dogbone mount definitely stops most front/back movement assuming your motor/trans mounts aren't shot.
I myself installed the BFI stage 2 motor and trans and dogbone insert, thanks to the help in this post

Again the shop wouldn’t recommend anything for this problem that has persisted after all those mount and insert upgrades I just mentioned ——— he said it’s normal movement regardless (even though the car didn’t have this issue before), and the other shop said don’t even touch it either, either use a dogbone insert which I already did or dont do anything

So in other words I got two VW and euro shops telling me I don’t have any options they would recommend to move forward with

For the sake of discussion, let’s assume they are correct for a second now. The unitronic assembly mentioned above would be a huge expense for no reason, maybe some fun new acoustics or maybe less than current but that’s about it.

Last edited:

messrock

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI DSG
If you upgraded to stage 2 mounts, your engine isn’t moving and causing anything. Do you have anything that allows you to log?