GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Too Adult?

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
Ok so my brother is in town from out of state for an Airshow thing at a local military base...so last night we drove my car to get some stuff from the store and while we were driving he says my car is "too adult,mature"

now my brother is a long time VW fan...he's had an MkIII GTi,MkIV GTi and a Toureg...so he knows his VW's

He says the cars more adult cuz of the interior and the lay out of the dash,the size of the car in general,the DSG option...just the car in general...he says everything about the car is more mature than the later generations...and is more on par with the Toureg as far as matureity

So what bothers me...is the more i think about it....hes sorta right....i think the past versions were alittle more "raw"....and me coming from my Si...that car was alot more "raw,immature" than my GTi

so any of u feel this way?...or maybe wanna share your feelings on this sort of subject?

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
I feel that technology has come leeps and bounds ahead of long ago. I myself wouldn't say mature or not. It's a different beast compared to my '83 GTI. Two different time periods and a clear advancement in technology!

"I haven't had this kind of Passion in a new car since I bought my '83 GTI.":clap:

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
i second wild hare...you can't equally comapre the different generations. people expected different things out of their cars in 1983 rather than 1993, and different from 1993 than 2006.

Teknophreak

Rally Car Champion
I think the car is mature, but that's not a bad thing. (unless you're still like 21) There aren't many raw (in a good way) cars in this price class. If you want to be able to think of your car as immature, maybe a riced out Civic is more your speed?

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
Teknophreak said:
I think the car is mature, but that's not a bad thing. (unless you're still like 21) There aren't many raw (in a good way) cars in this price class. If you want to be able to think of your car as immature, maybe a riced out Civic is more your speed?

well for one...my Si was FAR from riced out....and two what i ment by immature...is that the car didnt have leather seats,auto down windows,on board computer that basicly tells me everything including when i should take a crap...shit like that is what i ment by immature...it wasnt all grown up like the GTi is

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
Teknophreak said:

i am 21, and will probably be 22 when i get my MkV, and i have no problem with it being more mature than the previous GTI's...i intend to own old GTI's in the future when i can afford to take on project cars as well.

Slowride

Touring Car Newbie
Teknophreak said:

How about a Civic that isn't riced out? For example, a bone-stock Si?:biggrin:

Teknophreak

Rally Car Champion
Freek said:
well for one...my Si was FAR from riced out....and two what i ment by immature...is that the car didnt have leather seats,auto down windows,on board computer that basicly tells me everything including when i should take a crap...shit like that is what i ment by immature...it wasnt all grown up like the GTi is

Hmm...don't know what to say. Maybe pkg 0 would have been a better fit for you? Look at it this way, you've reached a point in your life where you can afford things that are a little nicer than when you were younger. I see it as quality vs economy, not mature vs immature.

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
They obviously tried to appeal to the original fans and the youth at the same time. I just wish the thing weighed a little less.

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
Teknophreak said:
Hmm...don't know what to say. Maybe pkg 0 would have been a better fit for you? Look at it this way, you've reached a point in your life where you can afford things that are a little nicer than when you were younger. I see it as quality vs economy, not mature vs immature.

oh i agree with u 100%....but i wasnt talking about mature vs immature in a negitive way...i was using those terms cuz of the convo i had with my brother...by the way my brother is 35...so u dont think he is a young kid or anything

also no i built my car with comfort and all the things i wanted in the car...so a pkg 0 was out of the question

im really not dissing the car...i love my GTi...it just i really do think its on the mature side of the cars in the same class and price range

also here is my old Si....ricer?

Teknophreak

Rally Car Champion
Freek said:
oh i agree with u 100%....but i wasnt talking about mature vs immature in a negitive way...i was using those terms cuz of the convo i had with my brother...by the way my brother is 35...so u dont think he is a young kid or anything

also no i built my car with comfort and all the things i wanted in the car...so a pkg 0 was out of the question

im really not dissing the car...i love my GTi...it just i really do think its on the mature side of the cars in the same class and price range

also here is my old Si....ricer?

Oh yeah, total ricer... Just kidding, looks sharp.

nomad

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
im 19, and when i get back from the pit in october ill turn 20, to me maturity and class, such as the gti represents, is something i greatly welcome into my life.