GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Top speeds...

Red Rider

Drivers Wanted
Car(s)
2008 Tornado Red GTI
My GPS says that at 100, I'm really at 94.9 MPH

In the next week or so, I'll take it up to 120 and see what it says.

Aguilar

Senior Newbie
I'm a cop, and you're all under arrest.

I've hit close to 150, but the road was on the narrow side and I didn't risk looking at the speedo for an accurate reading (which is not accurate at all, as we all know). It gets to 130 very quickly, and after that it takes some effort to go much faster (seconds at that speed are actually longer)... nothing that a k04 (or larger) cannot resolve, however.

Dutchie '78

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Gti '07
Got my new Gti last week. First I'll try to run it with more respect.
When the weather is better and there are more km's driven, i'll try the German Autobahn. For me it's only 30km drive to Germany for some legal fast driving!

krazykd1

KRZYRABBIT
Car(s)
2007 VW RABBIT
130mph with the rabbit, but you should of waited till you had 600miles on it at least to break in the engine, now, you might have future engine problems haha.

oatmeals

Ready to race!
about 140mph in my GTI then i got scared and stopped....i think it could have gotten to around 160mph...

But it makes you feel so alive! I haven't taken my GTI to that speeds as I have not broken it in yet. I took the family X3 to 130mph though! I believe it was electronically locked at 200 but going downhill on the highway FTW
:thumbup:

Dutchie '78

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Gti '07
Today I tried to top it.
After just 2k, I went to Germany,to the Autobahn.

Just hit 250 km/h (156 mp/h) on the tacho, before an idiot decided to overtake before looking in his mirror.:eek: :eek:
Braking from 250 to 120, the car was pretty nervious:eyebulge:

VWTDI07

I Like My Beat Down Low!
Car(s)
2006 TDI
1.9TDI 2001: 120
1.9TDI 2006: 125(ish)

:thumbup: I need to get away from diesel!

crbuke

2 Time GTI Owner 99/07
just got past my break in period and hit 120 the other day, in sport mode i was still in 4th on my DSG. Needless to say, the rev limiter will kick in well before 6th gear in Sport Mode.

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
I had mine to 120 on the first day with about 100 miles on it and never looked back. I hit at least 100 everyday on the highway. It gets there so fast how can i not. Plus who buys a fast car and doesnt drive it fast. If you want to drive a GTI and normal speeds, buy a rabbit and some hufs. :thumbdown:
If people really think their car will "break" becuase you top end it before the break-in period is complete, then you have little confidence for the build quality of our cars. If it does, thats what warranties are for. If the car can go the fast, then it will. Think of like the weight limit on an elevator. If it says 2000lbs it can probably hold 3000lbs or more, same with our governor, keep it under and you will be fine.

P.S. i have hit 140 but my speedo is probably 10 off or so, it did have more room to go though.

And as for the break-in, my g/f's subi Legacy had a 750 mile breakin, thats all. Any more then that doesnt make sense and i would drive myself crazy if i couldnt drive my BRAND NEW GTI hard. You also dont have to floor it hit 120, thats the only thing i didnt do when it was new.

how old are you 16?