GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

torga's Daily Build - black, 6mt, two-door shenanigans

torga

Autocross Champion
Today was a busy day. Had a half day at work, then I went and gave the car a hand wash.
Came home and let it cool down a bit before changing the oil (caught some to send to Blackstone).
Then I finally gave it a good coat of wax. Man, I forgot how time intensive hand waxing is.
I'll take some stupidly shiny photos soon!

torga

Autocross Champion
It's been slow for a bit - saving up for some bigger purchases.

A FluidAmpr pulley is coming next month, as well as an APR downpipe around November or so. I'm saving for a Stage 2 clutch due around this time next year (BFI or Southbend, haven't decided yet).

Might get an R32 undertray soonish.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
It's been slow for a bit - saving up for some bigger purchases.

A FluidAmpr pulley is coming next month, as well as an APR downpipe around November or so. I'm saving for a Stage 2 clutch due around this time next year (BFI or Southbend, haven't decided yet).

Might get an R32 undertray soonish.

Good updates coming...

Wish you were closer, I'd love to trade my r32 undertray for your stock one. I two subframe chassis braces that dont fit well with the r32 tray.

torga

Autocross Champion
Good updates coming...

Wish you were closer, I'd love to trade my r32 undertray for your stock one. I two subframe chassis braces that dont fit well with the r32 tray.
Damn, wish these things were foldable for easy shipping!
I've also got an ARM FMIC sitting in the garage that I need hoses for - picked it up real cheap, so I didn't mind having to get hoses myself. That'll be one of the next things.

torga

Autocross Champion
Before I forget, a quick photo from around town.

Last edited:

torga

Autocross Champion
Some updates coming!

Couldn't say no to a great deal on a used DG Sigma 6 SSK.
Figured out I could piece together my own Integrated Engineering shift bracket kit with their bracket bushings and an OE metal bracket for half the cost of theirs, and they're identical.
Got a st00pid good deal on a FluidAmpr pulley. Was ready to spend full price next month, but I was able to snag a new one with an ARP crank bolt for $220.

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
Some updates coming!

Couldn't say no to a great deal on a used DG Sigma 6 SSK.
Figured out I could piece together my own Integrated Engineering shift bracket kit with their bracket bushings and an OE metal bracket for half the cost of theirs, and they're identical.
Got a st00pid good deal on a FluidAmpr pulley. Was ready to spend full price next month, but I was able to snag a new one with an ARP crank bolt for $220.

as far as transmissions mods go, the DG SS is the best mod ive ever done. Ive had mine for years. kind of a PITA to install/adjust tho but well worth it.

torga

Autocross Champion
as far as transmissions mods go, the DG SS is the best mod ive ever done. Ive had mine for years. kind of a PITA to install/adjust tho but well worth it.
The SSK, bracket and bushings should be here by Friday, so I'll have a little weekend project.
I have an ECS SSK right now, but it's only the front-to-back lever - can't wait to experience the full package.

torga

Autocross Champion
Installed the Dieselgeek Sigma 6 SSK today, along with the Integrated Engineering solid shift bracket/bushings and the Dieselgeek shifter shaft bushings.

The shifting experience is night and day, even coming from my old ECS SSK (front-to-back lever only). Everything is so much more crisp and direct! Highly recommend to anyone looking to engage more with their transmission.
My only (small) complaint is that the shifter shaft bushings are so precise and so tight, that I have to nudge the shifter back up when I take it out of reverse. I'll get in there later today and spray on some dry silicone lube - that should clear it up.

torga

Autocross Champion
Quick update: sprayed some silicone onto the shifter shaft and let it coat the inside of the bushings. Right back to a smooth disengage from reverse. This shift setup is perfection.

I'll be installing the Fluidampr crank pulley next Saturday!

Paulo123

I love that fitment wow

torga

Autocross Champion
I love that fitment wow
Thanks! The car came with that set of wheels/tires, so I can't take credit.
Fronts are 18x8.5 ET45, rears are 18x9.5 ET35.

I plan on moving to a square setup of 18x9 ET35 for a slightly different fitment.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
FMIC intercooler installed yet?

Id really like to see this build include a 26 mm HR fsb, antilift kit, subframe tyrolsport collars kit upfront and a nice anime decal on the rear window

torga

Autocross Champion
FMIC intercooler installed yet?

Id really like to see this build include a 26 mm HR fsb, antilift kit, subframe tyrolsport collars kit upfront and a nice anime decal on the rear window
Not yet, but in the coming months. Got a st00pid deal on JUST the intercooler, so I still need to buy hoses for it. I also want to delete the OEM intercooler, so gotta get those brackets too. Honestly thinking of having a local shop anodize the intercooler black. I don't wanna paint it.
Front ARB will come eventually, and I'll do the TyrolSport deadset kit at the same time.
Antilift kit will come when I kit up some work to the front end (Passat arms, ALK, ball joints, tie rods, endlinks).

As you can tell, I like to batch up work.

I'll post a pic of my anime decal on my toolbox later.

torga

Autocross Champion
Anime, GT-R, Liqui-Moly, and beer.