GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Trance/House/Techno/Dubstep/Drum N bass/ ETC Thread

DJEuphoria

Go Kart Champion
hell yeah, pioneer or nothing. Feels so good to spin with your hand, I miss it a lot but not really worth for a being a bedroom dj. So I use ableton now mostly for trying to produce songs and for compilations like that one I made.

technics, i had 1200's as well, sold them because I hated the pitch jump on the dead zero point or whatever they call it.

Are you into producing music?

i've tried producing but i don't have the patience. i have a lot of ideas i just can't get them out. i fool around with Logic Pro but it gets me no where. i really want to sit down with someone that knows what their doing production wise and show me the ropes a bit. those online tutorials go way over my head.

currently to get my little "DJ Fix" i've just been using virtual DJ on my laptop. it's absolutely nothing like real DJing but i could bring my laptop to houseparties and goof around and a lot of people can't tell that the computer is doing 75% of the work haha.

chapusin1

Go Kart Champion
i've tried producing but i don't have the patience. i have a lot of ideas i just can't get them out. i fool around with Logic Pro but it gets me no where. i really want to sit down with someone that knows what their doing production wise and show me the ropes a bit. those online tutorials go way over my head.

currently to get my little "DJ Fix" i've just been using virtual DJ on my laptop. it's absolutely nothing like real DJing but i could bring my laptop to houseparties and goof around and a lot of people can't tell that the computer is doing 75% of the work haha.

I hear your, producing can be VERY VERY frustrating. Most of the times I spend 2-3 hours and at the end I have nothing haha. When I'm sleeping, my mind can create these sick melodies and put it all together and then I wake up and run to the computer and it's all gone :lol:

DJEuphoria

Go Kart Champion
I hear your, producing can be VERY VERY frustrating. Most of the times I spend 2-3 hours and at the end I have nothing haha. When I'm sleeping, my mind can create these sick melodies and put it all together and then I wake up and run to the computer and it's all gone :lol:

yeah i always find myself humming deep melodies that i have in my head. if only i could get them down.

but anyway, your mix is really impressive. i'd even go as far as saying it's one of my favorite trance mixes (i'll be bumping it for a long time in my car!)

you should DEFINITELY spin out. you have no idea that feeling you get when you're playing music to 500+ people that are feeling the energy and going crazy and you can look out and see how everyone is unified with the music. it's like this incredible spiritual experience. my biggest crowd was about 1000 people. i was opening for DJ Eco and seeing people dancing under the lights and everyones having a good time, it brought tears to my eyes bro!

09vdubgti

Banned

listening to your mix right now, banging so far :thumbup:

chapusin1

Go Kart Champion
yeah i always find myself humming deep melodies that i have in my head. if only i could get them down.

but anyway, your mix is really impressive. i'd even go as far as saying it's one of my favorite trance mixes (i'll be bumping it for a long time in my car!)

you should DEFINITELY spin out. you have no idea that feeling you get when you're playing music to 500+ people that are feeling the energy and going crazy and you can look out and see how everyone is unified with the music. it's like this incredible spiritual experience. my biggest crowd was about 1000 people. i was opening for DJ Eco and seeing people dancing under the lights and everyones having a good time, it brought tears to my eyes bro!

Thanks a lot man I appreciate it! :thumbsup: It really took me a while to finish it, mostly because I wanted it to be as perfect as I could make it so I could sell it later on at local stores, so I spent more than 8 months selecting songs that would make a perfect transition with each other, not just in beats but more like a story, I wanted to make the whole thing feel like if it was a story tale, it starts kind of sad and becomes happy and then kind of sad again. Something like that.. At the end I didn't even try to sell it anywhere and moved on lol.

My biggest crowd has been no more than 50 people haha but that may change soon, a friend is bringing deadmau5 to TJ and he promised me a spot there so we'll see :D

DJEuphoria

Go Kart Champion
Thanks a lot man I appreciate it! :thumbsup: It really took me a while to finish it, mostly because I wanted it to be as perfect as I could make it so I could sell it later on at local stores, so I spent more than 8 months selecting songs that would make a perfect transition with each other, not just in beats but more like a story, I wanted to make the whole thing feel like if it was a story tale, it starts kind of sad and becomes happy and then kind of sad again. Something like that.. At the end I didn't even try to sell it anywhere and moved on lol.

My biggest crowd has been no more than 50 people haha but that may change soon, a friend is bringing deadmau5 to TJ and he promised me a spot there so we'll see :D

oh my god i would kill to open for Deadmau5!!! if you feel a bit of stage fright, just spend the first 15 minutes or so looking down at your equipment only. give 100% focus to your mixing and what's in front of you. after a while you'll tune out the fact that there's a shit ton of people out there and you get sucked into your music and literally "trance out" then once you get to that point, and you're dropping a nice long breakdown, look up and notice the crowd. that will be the single greatest feeling you could experience as a DJ.

DJEuphoria

Go Kart Champion
also, you mentioned telling a story with your mix. that's what i went for with my Dream mix...

http://soundcloud.com/dj-euphoria-1/dream-mix

that was literally the lowest point in my life when i was battling a lot of personal problems and living in the inner city ghetto. i was going through pretty bad depression so that mix was kind of my cry for help.

it's pretty sloppy since it was a one-shot take it is the most personal mix i made.

09vdubgti

Banned
also, you mentioned telling a story with your mix. that's what i went for with my Dream mix...

that was literally the lowest point in my life when i was battling a lot of personal problems and living in the inner city ghetto. i was going through pretty bad depression so that mix was kind of my cry for help.

it's pretty sloppy since it was a one-shot take it is the most personal mix i made.

I like it better than your temptation mix

DJEuphoria

Go Kart Champion
I like it better than your temptation mix

the only reason i promote my temptation mix over that one is because it's a bit more versatile and fine-tuned. its a cool progression from progressive trance-house to a more fast paced vocal/uplifting trance. plus the tracks are a bit newer. despite the fact that several times through out the mix my CDJ messed with the pitch and almost train wrecked a few of the mixes.

the dream mix is pretty fast paced the whole way through with a lot of energy. but my levels were way off throughout most of it. and a LOT of the mixes in it were realllyyyyy sloppy.

chapusin1

Go Kart Champion
oh my god i would kill to open for Deadmau5!!! if you feel a bit of stage fright, just spend the first 15 minutes or so looking down at your equipment only. give 100% focus to your mixing and what's in front of you. after a while you'll tune out the fact that there's a shit ton of people out there and you get sucked into your music and literally "trance out" then once you get to that point, and you're dropping a nice long breakdown, look up and notice the crowd. that will be the single greatest feeling you could experience as a DJ.

i jizzed thinking about it

Hell yeah I recognize all those songs from the 1000 mixtapes I've done in the past haha. You know I think depression helps a lot in creating trance songs or mixing compilations.

Loving the summer 2010 demo btw :w00t: downloading right now, very nice mix congrats!!

I was just listening to a song I made a couple of years ago, I made it thinking about an ex :p You can tell the vibe feels pretty sad.

Here's a link to it: http://www.myspace.com/music/ch-ps-2163187/songs/turn-around-sunrise-mix-40381565

Warning: quality and probably the song itself sucks haha, I was using cubase back then

2nd Warning: It's 10 minutes long, but to me it's always worth it :D

Then there's a remix I made for a competition in which I won nothing but I actually liked how my song ended up.

And then totonoco was one of my ableton experiments but it lacks a lot, it's very repetitive.

Last edited:

DJEuphoria

Go Kart Champion
see i should put some time and effort into making a mix. all my mixes are basically a spur of the moment thing. i pick out a set of songs i like in a similar key and just mash em together and make a mediocre mix. when i do my live sets i take more time to figure out what i'm going to play and how i'm going to play it.

next mix i record when i get equipment again will be MASSIVE. i have a setlist ready that i made for my booking last saturday that i couldn't make it out to. i might record it if i could get my hands on some equipment soon. otherwise it'll be outdated by the time i actually get new equipment.