GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Travel assist and emergency assist errors

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
I would have thought all Mk8 Golfs would still be covered by the manufacture’s three year warranty. It was released in Germany in the autumn of 2019 and arrived in the UK in February 2020.
Unlike the UK, VW don’t provide a three year warranty on new vehicles in all overseas markets. Looking at forum member @PeggyR ‘s signature details, their location is shown as France and I think VW’s new car warranty in France is two years.

bluekid99

Drag Race Newbie
Mine just recently started to do it...however its not consistent. It will randomly do it. When it goes in for the recall, I'm gonna have it looked at

Handydave

Go Kart Newbie
Any idea what the actual failing component is?
it is an issue with the sensor on the steering wheel that detects the presence of the driver’s hand. This is necessary to: (a) ensure that the car is not being driven ‘hands- free’ (travel assist); and (b) is part of the emergency assist system which, if it detects no steering input, attempts to wake the driver by jerking the steering wheel and then initiating an emergency stop.

bluekid99

Drag Race Newbie
So update on the travel assist issue. Took it in to have it looked at. They blamed it on being lowered on springs and not being calibrated...they also replaced my back up camera because it failed and it being out of focus and crooked on lowering it as well. Not once have I ever heard of such a thing.

Braxton

Passed Driver's Ed
So update on the travel assist issue. Took it in to have it looked at. They blamed it on being lowered on springs and not being calibrated...they also replaced my back up camera because it failed and it being out of focus and crooked on lowering it as well. Not once have I ever heard of such a thing.
I can't imagine the camera failing because of it's viewing position. It does physically move but changing the cars height affects the entire mechanism.

There's a front camera that might be used by the system, could that require calibrating?

bluekid99

Drag Race Newbie
no idea...the advisor couldnt give me a straight answer on any question....may i mind you that same advisor told me the clutch chatter sound is because there is no engine cover...so i cant say im surprised they dont know. I'll update once they take it in to "fix" it

Braxton

Passed Driver's Ed
The clutch chatter comes from lower in the engine bay whereas it seems the engine cover is directly above the valves.