GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TTRS Brembo Upgrade Info

GolfRRRR1

Go Kart Champion
I just joined the TTRS caliper club! I just bought the calipers only which need to get powder coated and rebuilt. I may do 1 or 2 lapping events next year, so think I'll stick with 340/345mm rotors.
My current wheels are Neuspeed 18x8.5 RSe10's, but my winter wheels are Apex 17x8.5, so that may be an issue.
Looking at buying the Girodisc 340/345mm disks...but would need an adapter, yes?
Any suggestions? Or things I should be looking at?

scrllock

Autocross Champion
I just joined the TTRS caliper club! I just bought the calipers only which need to get powder coated and rebuilt. I may do 1 or 2 lapping events next year, so think I'll stick with 340/345mm rotors.
My current wheels are Neuspeed 18x8.5 RSe10's, but my winter wheels are Apex 17x8.5, so that may be an issue.
Looking at buying the Girodisc 340/345mm disks...but would need an adapter, yes?
Any suggestions? Or things I should be looking at?
I believe the Apex 17s should fit the brembos with the VBT adapter. Not 100% confident since we don't have a template to give them, but I think SM-10s have as much or more spoke clearance as RSe10s.

GolfRRRR1

Go Kart Champion
Sad news about the VBT adapter, they won't sell to the US, and Awesome GTI won't sell the adapter to the US anymore either. I emailed them both.
What's a man to do?
Anyone have another source for an adapter > TTRS 8J calipers to 340/345mm MK7 Golf R?

I only see a questionable one from Creations for $1450.
Options are have someone in the UK purchase and mail the adapters to the US or If anyone has the VBT ones sitting around I can have a friends machine shop mill out some similar/better pieces.

Sukeyes, do you know of any other suppliers of adapter brackets?

sukeyes

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf MK6
Dear GOLFRRRR1, sorry for the late response mate...
It's been a while since I logged in here :rolleyes:

We can definitely supply MQB dedicated adapters to pair with 340/345 discs.

FB_IMG_1640963867970.jpg

Little concerned about the shipping costs though.

If there is demand for a group buy quantity order(5sets let's say) ... I can rearrange my schedule and accept an order for this application with lead time of 15 days for shipping....

Otherwise for individual order per set - lead time approx 2 months -this applies to this specific period of time due to moving to new facilities-

Price is 350€/kit and includes :

* pair of brackets - CNC machined - material AL_7075_T651 hard anodised for corrosion resistance

* 4x M12 12.9hardness grade zinc coated - for mounting calipers onto brackets +spring washers

* Pair of steel braided brake lines

+shipping
✈️

In case of group order of 5sets -
10% discount

Last edited:

scrllock

Autocross Champion
I mean which rotors are you using? The ones I've found are much thicker and would eat up too much pad depth on these calipers.

sukeyes

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf MK6
I mean which rotors are you using? The ones I've found are much thicker and would eat up too much pad depth on these calipers.
The ones you've found?? which are?? 🤷

OEM fitment 340/345's are compromising the dimensional capacity of these Brembos...
I can propose better spec & common used rotors... but they need some minor tweaking...

Last edited:

scrllock

Autocross Champion
The ones you've found?? which are?? 🤷

OEM fitment 340/345's are compromising the dimensional capacity of these Brembos...
I can propose better spec & common used rotors... but they need some minor tweaking...
No, I'm asking you which 360mm rotors you've found. This is a informational thread, not a sales thread.

sukeyes

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf MK6
No, I'm asking you which 360mm rotors you've found. This is a informational thread, not a sales thread.
Bit of misundertanding here I guess...
I assumed you were asking on the OEM 340/345 setup paired with the above mentioned TT RS Brembo 4pot's...
The new entry OEM plug'n'play rotor, with increased diameter, derived from ID.4, ID.5, Enyaq MEB platform.
As for the informational spirit of this thread... I've definitely tried to contribute with great pleasure!! 🙋‍♂️