GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ukraine: WAR Huh - What Is It Good For Absorootly Nothing

cb1111

Struggling in Ukraine’s East, Russian Forces Strike in Kyiv (msn.com)

Russian forces left piles of excrement in every office of the Chernobyl nuclear plant before they retreated, Ukrainian workers say (msn.com) - not so funny story to go along with that.

When I was with the JAG office in Germany (shortly after the wall came down), we got a call from the German army asking for assistance from the Corps of Engineers. It turns out that they had a bit of an issue with one of the military bases and called one of their buddies with USACE for advice.

Since the Col didn't speak German, he asked if I wanted to come along, so three of us (me, the USACE Col and a chemical warfare guy) piled into a car for a little roadtrip.

We ended up at this abandoned Soviet army base that originally was a German army base. Somewhere along the way (30+ years ago by this time) the plumbing in the barracks backed up, so instead of fixing it, they punched holes in the ground floor and used the basement as a septic tank - minus any chemicals or pumping. It was a huge barracks that held thousands of troops over those 30 years.

The smell was unbearable and there were more diseases floating around in there than were known to mankind. By this time, they had already decided to do a Chernobyl fix - basically just pumping chemicals into the basement and following that with cement. We were just invited to see the mess that the Soviets left.

Looks like they haven't changed

Corprin

Autocross Champion
I won’t get into what we found in Baghdad. 🤣🤮🤮

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Generally speaking... shitty things to do

dtfd

Autocross Champion
A Russian oligarch owns a 787 Dreamliner? Holy crap.
CSB time:

A couple years ago the S/O and I were in St. Maarten and I found out Abramovich's yacht was just offshore the same day I rented a jet ski, so I decided to try to get a little closer to see this yacht. I was expecting something large, but dear god. It was an entire cruise ship for one man. Could easily fit a couple thousand people comfortably and it was all for him and his friends.

cb1111

NATO Needs an Overhaul as Ukraine Unity Shows Cracks (foreignpolicy.com)
Ukraine’s Dilemma: Fight to Hold a Ravaged City, or Pull Back (msn.com)
Those crazy Germans Germany doesn't want to be 'too successful' at replacing Russian natural gas because it wants to move away from the fuel in the long run, economy minister said (msn.com)
Russia's Stolen Planes Will Soon Become Worthless Thanks to Bootleg Parts (msn.com)
Low, Fast And Dangerous: A Firsthand Account Of Ukraine's Secret Helicopter Rescue Missions (msn.com)
Ukrainian grain may be leaving on Russian ships (msn.com)
What We Know About Where Russia’s ‘Stolen’ Grain Is Going (msn.com)
'Heroic defense of the Donbas' keeps Russia from gaining over last day, Zelenskyy says; US seizes superyacht: Live updates (msn.com)
Bodies of 210 Mariupol defenders arrive in Kyiv in exchange of war dead (msn.com)
War in Ukraine: Latest developments (msn.com)
Moscow's chief rabbi, now in exile, says war has been 'a catastrophe' for Jews in Ukraine (msn.com)
What happens in Ukraine doesn’t stay in Ukraine: Austin adds clarity on Taiwan (msn.com)
Russian Black Sea Warship Now Equipped With Ground-Based SAM System (msn.com)
‘Assume you can be jammed’ — What US troops are learning about electronic warfare in Ukraine (msn.com)
Reign of terror in a quiet neighbourhood near Kyiv (msn.com)
Putin propagandist warns ‘nuclear war is coming and only mutants will survive’ (msn.com)
NATO-Russia: It’s time to suspend the Founding Act (msn.com)

Last edited:

cb1111

How long before we start seeing T-34's roll in?

They are "fighting Nazi's" after all. Why not go period correct with the LARP?
I think they are down to those already.

With a 50-60% failure rate on missiles, they must be running low on them too.