US economy no longer the worlds largest

zrickety

The Fixer

trev1342

Go Kart Champion

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
America is still #1 at innovation.

China of today is not the China of yesteryears. Gone are the days when they pioneered gunpowder and in are the days of being blatant copycats.

At least Japan can innovate. Makes me think the British should have taken over ALL of China instead of just Hong Kong. What a lost opportunity :(

c72k

Go Kart Champion
Leapfrog effect. If you look at their growth rate of the aggregate economy, it is significantly higher than the US, the only question is, how long can that be sustained? A dip in their economy would have quite the effect... Anyways, Britain had the 1800s, US the 1900s, now its probably China's decade, who's next??? That being said, the total factor of productivity is much higher in the US, and this is the main driver of long term growth

KYGTIGuy

Go Kart Champion
America is still #1 at innovation.

China of today is not the China of yesteryears. Gone are the days when they pioneered gunpowder and in are the days of being blatant copycats.

At least Japan can innovate. Makes me think the British should have taken over ALL of China instead of just Hong Kong. What a lost opportunity :(

The China episode of top gear was eye opening. Until they fix that, they will have issues

zrickety

The Fixer
5.8%? Where do you get your numbers? The government stops counting people that can't file or collect welfare or disability. The real number is easily 3X what they have ever reported.

zrickety

The Fixer
How many times do you call customer service and it's a call center in Dubai?

KYGTIGuy

Go Kart Champion
5.8%? Where do you get your numbers? The government stops counting people that can't file or collect welfare or disability. The real number is easily 3X what they have ever reported.

5.8% is the unemployment rate. If you want to claim that the number is always 3x higher than what they report, fine, but it's relative. That means that when it was 5% under Bush, it was actually 15%. And when it hit its record or 20% or whatever it was, it was actually 60%.

You can't only apply the "but it's actually 3x higher" argument during the times you want and not to others.

Your claim that we are in the midst of record unemployment is factually complete Bullshit anyway you look at it.

razr390

Go Kart Champion
How many times do you call customer service and it's a call center in Dubai?

Your lack of knowledge has me face palming. Dubai would never have call centers. Maybe India.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zrickety

The Fixer
Dubai is made up of mostly Indians, and they are nearly exclusive trading partners. They do have huge call centers in addition to exotic police cars. Do your own homework.

zrickety

The Fixer
Corporations own our officials and are strip mining this country. They make sending the jobs overseas more profitable. Who cares about the peasants?