44.4 KB · Views: 261

4GSixty3

Drag Racing Champion
HAHA!! i like the name wolf bunny!!

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
Thats so nice they are changing the name back to Rabbit. Now I need to get a new badge

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
The only beef I have is it "cheapens" the current GTI's owners feel IMO. I mean, you have the GTI starting at $23000 and as high as $29k, then the Rabbit comes along starting at $14,995 and looks almost identical. I guess all manufacturers do it, usually in reverse, the cheap model first, then the souped up one follows.

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
i have to disagree...how does this differ other than the new name, with any other generation? a mkIV golf looked identical to a mkIV GTI, what's the difference in what order they were released? VW has always relased models at screwy times.

car

Autocross Champion
Wantagti said:
The only beef I have is it "cheapens" the current GTI's owners feel IMO. I mean, you have the GTI starting at $23000 and as high as $29k, then the Rabbit comes along starting at $14,995 and looks almost identical. I guess all manufacturers do it, usually in reverse, the cheap model first, then the souped up one follows.

"Looks" being the operative word there. We all know the truth and if other people don't know the difference between the Golf, er Rabbit, and GTI, they're obviously not auto enthusiasts so their opinion doesn't matter, anyway.
I think bringing out the GTI first generates a buzz around VW. There will be people who want a GTI and can't afford it, but hey, that Rabbit doesn't look too bad, either....
I'm probably in the minority, but I think changing the name back is justified for one reason: I had a mk3, and while it was slow, it was very reliable and a blast to drive. At that point, I knew I'd be buying VWs for years to come. Then the mk4 came out. It drove okay, but it felt so heavy and just plain soft. Reliability was dismal, yet the prices kept soaring. I wouldn't have bought a mk4. The Rabbit shows that VW is going back to its roots, which, in my opinion, is a very good thing after the previous generation.

zerogt86

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Wantagti said:

also, do you think that a regular golf would be more expensive than a regular rabbit? I bet vw would sell them at the same price, since the only difference is the badge.

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
zerogt86 said:
also, do you think that a regular golf would be more expensive than a regular rabbit? I bet vw would sell them at the same price, since the only difference is the badge.

yup...and this is genius, because they will sell more rabbits coz the people who owned original rabbits will be all nostalgic and want another one, and the people who intended to buy a golf are still going to buy a rabbit either way. its just a name, but a damn cool one.

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
Marketing, you have to love it. I guess I thought the Golf wasn't around as all the dealer has is GTI's. My bad. Now if they were to make a Rabbit 2.0T, that would altogether different.