GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Used GTI prices are nearly as high as those for new MK7.5s

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Also try carmax. And we have a local dealership that will pay $500 more than competitor's trade in quote. Don't know the fine print, but have heard you don't have to buy a car from them or anything.

Unreal1

Autocross Champion
That’s interesting as I had the opposite experience.

Carvana offered me $16.1K and Vroom offered me $15.1K on my clean 42,000 mile 2015 Forester.

Also, there seems to be a lot more hate online directed at Vroom than at Carvana

FWIW, I sold my last car to Vroom and it was pretty seamless, no issues. I haven't purchased from them though, which is where I think the complaints come from.

cb1111

Prices are officially nuts right now. Just for grins, I plugged in my Alltrack that I bought new in Feb for $29k (plus taxes and tags of course) to vroom- the offer was $31286. It had a MSRP of $38k. If they are paying 31.3, it really costs them 31.5 since they have to come and pick it up, do paperwork, clean it up, take pictures and what-not. They'll probably have to sell it for $35k or so make anything and that is more than the car would have been new back in 2019.

I clearly have more invested in the car (I shipped it and added PPF/ceramic) and I have zero interest in selling it, but it is interesting how screwy this market is. Why would anybody buy used over new right now?

cb1111

What's even worse, my sister has a car at a second house in Santa Fe- a 2015 Equinox with about 15k miles. When I was buying my car in Jan/Feb, she said "it is just sitting there, why don't you trade it in?" and we got a quote of $15k from Vroom. We never sold it and she said "I'm going there in a week, maybe I should sell it." I just pulled another Vroom quote - $20,392. That's more than a 30% increase.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
2019 Rabbit Ed 6mt 6900mi

1622166294862.jpg

🧐

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Unless you need to buy a car to replace this one. You might be able to get $27,500 or $28k here on the classifieds

I can just drive the Tacoma till Nov when she goes back into hibernation.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Prices are officially nuts right now. Just for grins, I plugged in my Alltrack that I bought new in Feb for $29k (plus taxes and tags of course) to vroom- the offer was $31286. It had a MSRP of $38k. If they are paying 31.3, it really costs them 31.5 since they have to come and pick it up, do paperwork, clean it up, take pictures and what-not. They'll probably have to sell it for $35k or so make anything and that is more than the car would have been new back in 2019.

I clearly have more invested in the car (I shipped it and added PPF/ceramic) and I have zero interest in selling it, but it is interesting how screwy this market is. Why would anybody buy used over new right now?
My '20 Charger Scat Pack that I just sold to Vroom for $46,500...
They originally had it listed for sale for $51,500!

The MSRP was (only) $50,165 on it! :eek:

I just checked and they lowered it to $49,999, but still:
https://www.vroom.com/inventory/dodge-charger-2020-2C3CDXGJXLH244364

Jgilber0

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
‘21 GTI S 6MT
Read the "sold one to vroom" thread over at the leasehckr forum. Really bad feedback from users keep me from using them.
Agree. I sold to Carvana after reading about issues with Vroom. Carvana paid me $1K more and was good to work with.

cb1111

Agree. I sold to Carvana after reading about issues with Vroom. Carvana paid me $1K more and was good to work with.
I've sold two cars to Carvana. Both transactions were seamless. In one case Carvana was a couple of grand more that Vroom, in the second, a couple of hundred less, but it was dead simple and they hand you a check - which, IMO, is better than "we'll transfer the money in a couple of days" - If I give somebody my car then I want my money now. The Vroom model "we'll take your car, look at it and send you a check" doesn't work for me.