GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Verizon HTC Thunderbolt

HoopaChalupa

Go Kart Champion
ya it will.... wish it would come out sooner :(

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
If you read the reviews on the Motorola vs the Thunderbolt they like the Thunderbolt over the Moto. I'm waiting a few months for the Thunderbolt and then use my new every two and my Gov disco to get it for less.

DanSan

meerkat
how do i root it?!

all things for HTB TB:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/htc-thunderbolt-forum/

they already figured out how to root it but right now its temporary (meaning once you reboot the phone it goes away). they have the permanent root done as well but they are waiting to release it until they can get a working recovery. they dont want to release a permanent root and have no way of making backups or loading the non rooted software back on the phone.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=996616

keep tabs on that thread in the next few days.

DanSan

meerkat
What does rooting mean or do?

I'm brand new to the Droid market.

Sent from HTC Thunderbolt

Rooting is just another term for hacking. Since android runs off linux, rooting refers to gaining access to the root (admin) permissions on the phone. It allows you to have full control. You can install apps that require root access, like free wifi tethering, overclocking, blocking ads in apps, loading custom recovery management software and the biggest which is loading custom roms (operating system software) onto the phone. The list goes on and on and so do the benefits and fun. Allows full customization of the entire phone. You can remove any stock applications installed by the carrier or phone manufacture you dont want. Install things in places they arent allowed, remove useless system files, customize the boot up screen, etc, etc, i could go on for days.

Look at that droidforum link, and also check out the rest of that forum. Good info all over since it deals with just the "droid" line of android phones

Grmncrsnbr

SaurKimchi
Phone looks nice, not a huge fan of the sense system as I currently have an incredible but I hear they revamped it for this. I am going to be waiting on the dual core tegra chipped bionic though. As it does proper data and voice on the LTE network. With the thunderbolt voice is over LTE and data is over 3g when doing them at the same time or vice versa I cant remember.

drtechy

How you doin?
Phone looks nice, not a huge fan of the sense system as I currently have an incredible but I hear they revamped it for this. I am going to be waiting on the dual core tegra chipped bionic though. As it does proper data and voice on the LTE network. With the thunderbolt voice is over LTE and data is over 3g when doing them at the same time or vice versa I cant remember.

I used to have the incredible also and changed back to a droid because of the sense ui, but I have to say the Thunderbolt version is much more crisp and functions much better. The Bionic does look good, but all the people from CES actually rated the thunderbolt higher, that's the only reason I went for it. Oh and your right, but its vice versa, data over LTE and voice over CDMA (3G).

donjuan1jr

whats a turbo?
Ive been going back and forth from deciding the bionic and TB. Itll be my first droid phone so i wanna chose the best option. Voice and data together is nice but almost useless to me. I just want 4g so when im out on the road for work i can access all the stuff i need to and on the fly, clients are super nuts about getting shit done instantly.

My berry just doesnt cut it anymore, it pisses me off daily. I once missed 4 emails from a pissed client cuz i needed to restart my phone.

projekt.kieru

Inspired.
Rooting is just another term for hacking. Since android runs off linux, rooting refers to gaining access to the root (admin) permissions on the phone. It allows you to have full control. You can install apps that require root access, like free wifi tethering, overclocking, blocking ads in apps, loading custom recovery management software and the biggest which is loading custom roms (operating system software) onto the phone. The list goes on and on and so do the benefits and fun. Allows full customization of the entire phone. You can remove any stock applications installed by the carrier or phone manufacture you dont want. Install things in places they arent allowed, remove useless system files, customize the boot up screen, etc, etc, i could go on for days.

Look at that droidforum link, and also check out the rest of that forum. Good info all over since it deals with just the "droid" line of android phones

oh sweet. i do wanna uninstall some of the pre-loaded apps that can't be removed w/o that root i guess.

i do need help my HTC thunderbolt though... having difficulty finding stuff.

drtechy

How you doin?
There isn't much on rooting of the thunderbolt right now. XDA was able to do it on their pre-release demo, however they've already said it most likely will not work on the production version. Keeping my fingers crossed, I don't want to pay the $20/month premium to have a wifi hotspot and if I get rooted I won't have to.

DanSan

meerkat
I used to have the incredible also and changed back to a droid because of the sense ui, but I have to say the Thunderbolt version is much more crisp and functions much better. The Bionic does look good,

yea, this is the reason ive stayed away from HTC. im waiting for the bionic, i dont like the sense UI

oh sweet. i do wanna uninstall some of the pre-loaded apps that can't be removed w/o that root i guess.

i do need help my HTC thunderbolt though... having difficulty finding stuff.

haha well keep an eye on that thread, very soon the permanent root will come out and you can have all the fun you want.

There isn't much on rooting of the thunderbolt right now. XDA was able to do it on their pre-release demo, however they've already said it most likely will not work on the production version. Keeping my fingers crossed, I don't want to pay the $20/month premium to have a wifi hotspot and if I get rooted I won't have to.

they have it rooted already, they are just making sure clockwork recovery works for it so you can do a nandroid backup so you dont fuck your phone up. check that thread i linked to xda, they said they have permanent root, just finishing it up