GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wagner Tuning Intercooler

nal

Ready to race!
i am still waiting more news from the dealer i placed the order at all i have is an indicative price..i am as anxious as u hehehe

vagmotorsport

Passed Driver's Ed
I have been asked to comment about the Wagner cooler here. I have installed one on a customer's car and will be installing another one this week on our development car. Build quality is great and the cooler is very efficient from logs and tests. The car [erforms consistently where there is power loss and heatsoak after one run with the stock cooler. Fitment is like all replacement coolers and we had no issues fitting it. Just be careful with the clips car on the car as they break easily. Takes about 2 hours to fit.

Last edited:

Bonsu Gu

Passed Driver's Ed
A bit pricey but good

My club friend installed it with revo ECU upgrade.

740_20150217_150429.jpg

Sailor737

Ready to race!
I'd like to see the difference between the Stock R intercooler and this one. I'm also wondering if/when Forge will release a twincooler.

Dave 2.5

Ready to race!
I talked to Intigrated Engineering the other day and they are currently designing end tanks for the mk7 golf r. I was going to buy this one but I think I'll wait a whileto see what else surfaces.

Last edited:

Sailor737

Ready to race!
Arin@APR had stated that their Stage 2 tunes do create some heat so I'm sure having one of these could only help your charge temps.

I just want to make sure that it's a big increase over the Rs intercooler and not just an upgrade for the GTI folks.

Dave 2.5

Ready to race!
Arin@APR had stated that their Stage 2 tunes do create some heat so I'm sure having one of these could only help your charge temps.

I just want to make sure that it's a big increase over the Rs intercooler and not just an upgrade for the GTI folks.

R intercooler is 616 cu in which is about 10 L of charge volume. The Wagner unit is 17 L , or 70% more. I consider that a substantial gain.

FYI, GTI is about 8 L.

DXJP

Passed Driver's Ed
Just did the Wagner intercooler on a BT set up on a 2015 R, ROW. Nothing to report as the car is in its final assembly. The Wagner is a sweet piece of kit, and easy to instal. I would recommend it.