GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Waiting times

frog252

Has anyone in the UK ordered a MK7 in the last few weeks, if so what is the waiting time looking like?

I've got the opportunity to buy a new 14 plate car with decent spec which is literally arriving this week, or for the same money order from factory and gain Dynaudio + rear camera for the same money. The chap I spoke to seems to think it will be at least a 16 week wait. Dont know if I can wait that long, but an extra £700 of toys is tempting!

Thanks

73henny

Passed Driver's Ed
Not sure that makes sense. If they've got an unsold car coming I'd of thought that would have been the cheaper car. Look on some other threads for cars that have arrived and you'll see how long they took to come. You don't say what model you're looking at.

Gaz1

Ready to race!
I sacrificed keyless entry as there was already a GT on order that had everything I wanted but that. I have to wait 3 weeks rather than 12.:)

BlueBullet

Ready to race!
I ordered my R 13/01/14

Confirmed bw on roughly 27/03/14 for start production 20/04/14

So it could be mid may roughly take delivery

BlueBullet

Ready to race!
Ordered mine 22 Feb, build week confirmed next week 6 April, expecting delivery all being well late April early May.

What spec you've ordered for your R then ?

BlueBullet

Ready to race!
3 door, dsg, lapiz blue, 19" Pretoria, reversing camera, winter pack, rubber mats, servicing pack.

BlueBullet

Ready to race!
Ordered mine 22 Feb, build week confirmed next week 6 April, expecting delivery all being well late April early May.

If yours ends up being delivered last week of May you might as well take delivery start of April, that way it's worth a little more when you come to selling it.

BlueBullet

Ready to race!
Yeah, sorry brain freeze

Gaz1

Ready to race!
Took one that had already been ordered, had to sacrifice keyless entry, but it meant a 3 week wait instead of 4 months and I am very impatient. First golf, first new car so very excited.

Richard Mk7

Ready to race!
Ordered my GTI at the end of November 2013, as did the wife with her Polo GTI.

We collected the cars at the beginning of March.

Was good for me, as we both qualified for the 14 plate registration. :)

wobbler

Ready to race!
Ordered my GTD 18/1/14 and it is being built next week so should be early May delivery.......hopefully :)