GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Waiting times

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Dave, what is your concern of the EURO 5 vs the EURO 6?

One thing that is certain is they won't be putting the ACT engine in the UK estate as it would make it the only country to have this option, when it isn't even an option in Germany. Performance wise they have the same 0-60 speed and max speed. The max power is achieved outside of my normal 0-3000rpm range and I rarely go above 2500rpm so an extra 10PS isn't going to make much difference if it only occurs outside usual driving ranges.

The hatch & SV already come with the ACT version 1.4TSI 150PS Euro6 engine. why should the estate be the odd one out????

Anyway the extra 10bhp is in my driving range ...............my current car lives in the 3000 to 6000rpm range..............:D...................& the red line doesn't start until 6500, the limiter kicks in around 7500............:rolleyes:

Just want the car to come out of the factory with as much power as possible, as to fit a proper remap/piggyback is really a £1,200 exercise & costs on the insurance......:mad:......I've already been looking into this based on the 122, 140 & 160PS 1.4 engines.

Evil Dan

Ready to race!
The hatch & SV already come with the ACT version 1.4TSI 150PS Euro6 engine. why should the estate be the odd one out????

Anyway the extra 10bhp is in my driving range ...............my current car lives in the 3000 to 6000rpm range..............:D...................& the red line doesn't start until 6500, the limiter kicks in around 7500............:rolleyes:

Just want the car to come out of the factory with as much power as possible, as to fit a proper remap/piggyback is really a £1,200 exercise & costs on the insurance......:mad:......I've already been looking into this based on the 122, 140 & 160PS 1.4 engines.

I do wonder if the ACT makes too little difference to the estate's CO2 emissions to change it from one tax band to another so they haven't bothered to put it in the estate. Given they haven't put it in any Mk7 estate anywhere in the world suggests they probably aren't going to bother now.

I tried to get the Mk7 hatch up to 4000rpm yesterday on country roads, with great difficulty, and I'm impressed if you can maintain 3000-6000rpm without spending all your time in 1st-3rd gears.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I do wonder if the ACT makes too little difference to the estate's CO2 emissions to change it from one tax band to another so they haven't bothered to put it in the estate. Given they haven't put it in any Mk7 estate anywhere in the world suggests they probably aren't going to bother now.

I tried to get the Mk7 hatch up to 4000rpm yesterday on country roads, with great difficulty, and I'm impressed if you can maintain 3000-6000rpm without spending all your time in 1st-3rd gears.

Not bothered too much about the ACT aspect of the engines, just want the extra 10bhp, why should the estate only get 140PS when both hatch & Sports Van get 150PS straight of the dealership!...:mad:

As for driving..............second & third gears are the best for twisty roads around here! third takes you over 60mph, second 40mph (current car), it's best to drive the car through the bend then you can use your right foot to effectively control the car & balance it on the throttle! Then quick change up if there is a long straight, otherwise hold in gear for next bend. That's just a short explanation, plenty of info on web. I was given loads of advice from an old mate who used be a technical/test driver for various rally teams in uk, Ford, Peugeot, etc. Also part taught my mate to pass his advanced police drivers course.

dr_mat

Go Kart Champion
Is it just me..? Or is six gears too many? With engines this flexible you're better off with a 2nd that stretches to 61mph and a 3rd that goes to 90.. :)
Just a fad? Or any real benefit .. ?

Shiner95

Waiting Times

Hi, ive ordered my first Golf R :) at the end of June. Still waiting for a build date:(. Wondered if any of you guys are in a similar situation or can give a clue as to how much longer.