GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Walking dead !

Calvinball

Go Kart Champion
Watching last night's episode now. Realizing I have zero recollection of how last season ended.

gti_kev

Go Kart Champion
Why did the ENTIRE grocery's roof become structurally unsound, instead of the just the area where the helicopter was?

some type of corrosion maybe. when they stepped on it, it sounded all gooshy.
Pretty good episode. Aand Carl does not die. lmfao

bialymike

Ready to race!
Why did the ENTIRE grocery's roof become structurally unsound, instead of the just the area where the helicopter was?

Roof was not structurally sound?

Weird shit. Don't get how crazy lady could survive on her own. Also, I like how my black samurai ninja diva is on a quest to find the guv'ner.

Had this discussion with a co worker this morning. When she was walking with rick and they're talking about doing things they normally wouldn't have done to survive. According to my coworker her appearance implied cannibalism. He even referred to the comics and how theu described cannibals. He's a big walking dead guy.

At first i thought she was some sort of talking super zombie right before it cut to the first commercial lol.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Jaber

Modero
Hopefully there's actually zombies.....and action.

Typical episode. First 5 mins crazy action. Next 50 mins talking and filler. Final 5 mins crazy action.

:word:

Throw in commercials and that just seals the deal.

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
Had this discussion with a co worker this morning. When she was walking with rick and they're talking about doing things they normally wouldn't have done to survive. According to my coworker her appearance implied cannibalism. He even referred to the comics and how theu described cannibals. He's a big walking dead guy.

At first i thought she was some sort of talking super zombie right before it cut to the first commercial lol.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Even if people resorted to cannibalism how did this frail little woman become the top of the food chain???? That makes it even more ridiculous to think that she survived both walkers and whatever cannibals she was competing with.

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
I was thinking the same thing, her appearance was not healthy at all so she seemed to be a "high functioning" version of a walker at that point. (which also seems to support cannibalism).

Even if people resorted to cannibalism how did this frail little woman become the top of the food chain???? That makes it even more ridiculous to think that she survived both walkers and whatever cannibals she was competing with.
Guile and trickery. She did say there were more of them earlier on; my guess would be when a member died they'd eat up since they had trouble finding other food.

The walker part is the tough one to figure; but my guess would be the smell of her husband's head kept them away thinking she/it were just walkers.

haleyann

Go Kart Champion

I wondered this too. And it was fine with them wandering around before they realized the group was inside, but the sound of the wine rack crashing made them excited and suddenly the roof fell apart? Plus, its only been a couple years since that place was functioning. If this show was taking place twenty years after the zombie apocalypse then I could see buildings falling apart. That was just a weird way for them to get into trouble.

voidopolis

Passed Driver's Ed
good start to the season.

Anyone watch "Talking Dead"? They had the senior producer guy who is now pretty much responsible for the program overall. He was super dweebie - and he was pissing me off on how candid he was on where the show is going this season. I don't want to know that stuff. I want to be surprised. I want to talk to other folks that don't know what is going to happen and can just guess.

I don't think they should have guys like that on the program - they should leave them for the end of the season to help recap and answer questions from folks that were unclear from the season.

I continue to find it funny when they interview Rick (Andy) how he pulls off a such a good American accent.

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion

Anyone watch "Talking Dead"? They had the senior producer guy who is now pretty much responsible for the program overall. He was super dweebie - and he was pissing me off on how candid he was on where the show is going this season. I don't want to know that stuff. I want to be surprised. I want to talk to other folks that don't know what is going to happen and can just guess.

I don't think they should have guys like that on the program - they should leave them for the end of the season to help recap and answer questions from folks that were unclear from the season.

I continue to find it funny when they interview Rick (Andy) how he pulls off a such a good American accent.
He clearly said that he wasn't holding back on spoilers. Its why I didnt watch it even though I like Chris Hardwick from his g4 days.

WAP

Go Kart Champion

Helicopters are heavy? :iono: Especially for a roof that wasn't designed to be a heliport, then add in a few tons of zombies...

This. Funky as hell. LOL

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
I wondered this too. And it was fine with them wandering around before they realized the group was inside, but the sound of the wine rack crashing made them excited and suddenly the roof fell apart? Plus, its only been a couple years since that place was functioning. If this show was taking place twenty years after the zombie apocalypse then I could see buildings falling apart. That was just a weird way for them to get into trouble.

Didn't seem far-fetched to me. I assumed that the helicopter crashed into the roof causing damage to the waterproofing layers. Subsequent rainwater pooled, leaked in, and weakened the whole structure of that section of roof. Those tar and pea-gravel rooftops are not very strong in the first place, they are designed to support a little rainwater until it runs off, but not much more.

When the wine crashing occurred the roof zombies started heading toward the noise (as they always do) and the added weight focused on smaller areas caused the remaining structure to cave in.

:iono:

Balt21

Ready to race!
I find that really funny as well. I remember on one of the episodes of The Talking Dead last year, Andy said he studied/modeled his American accent after Bill Clinton. Maggie (Lauren Cohan) and The Governor (David Morrissey) also have British accents.
Didn't seem far-fetched to me. I assumed that the helicopter crashed into the roof causing damage to the waterproofing layers. Subsequent rainwater pooled, leaked in, and weakened the whole structure of that section of roof. Those tar and pea-gravel rooftops are not very strong in the first place, they are designed to support a little rainwater until it runs off, but not much more.

When the wine crashing occurred the roof zombies started heading toward the noise (as they always do) and the added weight focused on smaller areas caused the remaining structure to cave in.

:iono:

That's basically what they said on The Talking Dead. In addition to rainwater, there was the gas/other fluids from the helicopter too. Before the wine rack fell on Bob, you could see him feeling the water/liquid that was dripping through the ceiling with his hands.

Overall, I think it was a pretty good episode. It was definitely an episode to set up future events, IMO. I just hope they don't spend like 4 episodes on one subject like they have in past seasons.

VINNY1

Ready to race!
Dark, evil shit is going to happen, Just like every season.
That's why we keep watching.

A bit of light at the end of the tunnel, then WHAP! A board to the face.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC now Free