GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Well, there goes the relationship.

KharatosGTI

Rally Car Newbie
Of 4 years.

Had a difficult time in the beginning when we had a lot of trouble looking at things from the same perspective and agreeing with each other. But we managed to learn to understand each other and got past that, even moved in together and had our little home.

Then comes this morning when a regular argument settled into the same old stuff you see on TV every day, she said I don't appreciate her enough and I said ain't nobody ever thanked me for the sacrifices I made.

She broke down in tears and said she's had enough, she's not sure if this relationship is worth it anymore. That really triggered my load and I said why is it that I can understand life is never perfect and that there will always be some things about me that she doesn't like, and some things about her that I don't like. Life's like that, ups and downs.

She said she wants a break and I just said whatever. Deep down in the bottom of my heart I know that whatever she said was all true, but the problem is that there are things that she does that royally piss me off too, I've talked to her about it and she's never done much improvement either. She still does all the things that piss me off, I just learned to tolerate because nobody's perfect, yet I can't do any of the things that get on her nerves otherwise I'm the bad guy and this relationship is not going anywhere.

So there it is, she packed her stuff and moved back to her dad's house. My family's not even in California otherwise I'd move. And now I'm left in this big empty apartment with so many memories written on every panel.

I don't really know what to think right now, since everything in life was going very well in the past 6 months or so that I really saw a lot of really great hope in our future, that everything was on the right track and getting better. And then BAM, now it's all gone. I don't know what to do with this apartment yet and I don't even know if I want to stay in California, the only reason I never moved out of the bay area was because she was working hard to transfer to U.C.Berkeley, and finally did it after not getting accepted with an appeal letter I got for her through my mother's connections with the professors.

Wow, it really sucks to remember that now, that I've done all I could to get her where she wanted to be, and now this.

Whatever, I'm waiting for some buddies to come over and just thought I could rant a bit.

P.S. The ironic thing is we just watched The Break Up the other week and I reflected on the journey we'd taken to come to this point. Wow ...........

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
I can truely sympathise with you mate...

Just remember that life will go on to bigger and better things... Go for a nice long drive. From what I (vaguely) recall, there's some great roads to be found just outside the bay area

sublyme

Touring Car Champion
Ouch that sux, i feel for ya, my ex gf and I broke up just before my GTI arrived (thought I'd mention "GTI" even though we're in the off-topic section). Funny thing was that she had been waiting for it to come (I had to wait 8 months!) and was more excited about it than I was, and when I do see her on the odd occasion shes cut on the idea that other girls will be able to enjoy the car when she was the one who helped me negotiate the deal etc.

Oh well, thats her own fault, but I know how u feel when they cant accept your flaws even though you do theirs. All you can do is what others have suggested and stay strong and move on, especially if you didnt do anything wrong.

Mod your GTI and you might feel abit better :)

MachSchnell

Rally Car Champion
Chin up, dude! You are young, and sound like you have your shit reasonably together. Either she'll get out there and realize all of the work it took to get you to the point that she could live with you, and come back. Or, you'll go out and meet someone new and interesting who pisses you off in entirely new ways!!

Everything happens for a reason. Be glad you didn't marry her and THEN have her come to this realization! Have a beer on us :drinking:

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
Well, I'm pretty much the same age as MachSchnell and can agree with him on the one thing and that's "chin up". I've learned that life has a magic pill for such occasions and it's been rightfully called TIME. No matter what the pain life must endure, time will heal it. You are who you are and it's the deep down characteristics that someone has to accept about you, cuz those fuckers are almost impossible to change. She's not the first and she probably won't be the last. That's what sucks about love. It just hurts sometimes. Remember, "It's not the event in life that bothers man, but rather his interpretation of it". There's a little food for thought. If I only had a nickel for everytime I used that quote. Things will be what things will be, and perhaps a little separation time to reflect is what's best for both of you. Good luck!

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
If it's meant to be... it will be. Always remember there are plenty of fish in the sea and some good ones at that. Didn't find mine till I was 35.
Good luck!

KharatosGTI

Rally Car Newbie
Thanks guys for all the support, I'm feeling much better now and I think this is a good opportunity to take some time and really think about what I want. Going out driving today with a VR6 guy from my building, that's gonna make me feel a lot better. :biggrin:

onthevirg

Oval Champion
Hey bro, that does indeed suck when you invest that much time and effort into a relationship that doesn't work out (if that is what happens). You just have to remember that there's women that are out there that WILL accept you for you, whatever that entails. The flip side of that is there's a woman out there that you won't have to compromise how you feel for her either. Good luck dude.