GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Well, there goes the relationship.

KharatosGTI

Rally Car Newbie
We had a long chat today, even went to the beach where we went on our first date.

The craziness is gone, the pain has been there. Today we just genuinely talked to each other from the bottom of our hearts, going over the entire 4 years we had together and realized that we had set off on the wrong foot ever since the very beginning, or perhaps, even when I first laid eyes on her.

There's no anger today, no hate. Just countless regrets of how and what we could have done differently to result in a different outcome. Without any intentions we had hurt each other in so many different ways that it's nearly impossible to remove all the pain without a significant amount of time. We shed real tears of pain and regrets from deep down, she said she missed me terribly and I had the same feeling, but both of us knew we'd just enter another round of hurting each other if we got back together. We hugged each other and promised stay in contact and be a friend as much as possible.

This is not a Hollywood story, there was plenty of episodes of nasty drama I can write all night long about it, but I want to spare you all the headache of going through those.

I'm sitting on the thought of selling my GTI and going to New York, it's been at the back of my mind for quite some years now but I never thought I'd do it because of her.

I can honestly say I'm at peace now, there's still a chance that we will end up back together albeit a small one. Below is a quote from Eminem's latest song, kind of resonated with me:
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you ever loved someone so much, you'd give an arm for?
Not the expression, no, literally give an arm for?
When they know they're your heart
And you know you were their armour
And you will destroy anyone who would try to harm 'em
But what happens when karma, turns right around and bites you?
And everything you stand for, turns on you, despite you?
What happens when you become the main source of a pain?

And when I’m gone, just carry on don’t mourn,
rejoice every time you hear the sound of my voice,
Just know that I’m lookin’ down on you smilin,
And I didn’t feel a thing so baby don’t feel no pain, just smile back!
----------------------------------------------------------------------

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Intense....I still get the text messages and occasional call from my ex-gf of 2 years ago. It just goes to show when you're in love things will never be the same. Even if you break up there will still be feelings and contact usually for quite some time now. Good luck with whatever happens. I hope that if you want to go to New York you will, or do whatever is right.

RJS5689

FIA GT Champion
MHS216 said:
Intense....I still get the text messages and occasional call from my ex-gf of 2 years ago. It just goes to show when you're in love things will never be the same. Even if you break up there will still be feelings and contact usually for quite some time now. Good luck with whatever happens. I hope that if you want to go to New York you will, or do whatever is right.
That occasional text, that oaccasional call could turn out to be more. My ex and I, when we broke up, we didnt speak for 6 months, we hated eachother. One day we bumped into eachother, we started speaking, to this day we are best friends again. Sure we still fight, but the friendship is amazing. As far as going to NY, do what makes you happy, and make sure you are happy where you are. Are you thinking NYC area?

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
I'm afraid you people are taking these text and phone calls all wrong. There nothing more than booty calls. Your ex merely ran into a dry spell and thought she'd drunk dial ya':w00t:
Also, you don't have to stay in touch with them (unless you have kids together or something). Live and learn, if it was your first...it won't be your last. Gotta take the occasional rain cloud mixed in with that sunshine. So again I say in the words of MachShnell "Chin Up!"

RJS5689

FIA GT Champion
kirk180 said:
I'm afraid you people are taking these text and phone calls all wrong. There nothing more than booty calls. Your ex merely ran into a dry spell and thought she'd drunk dial ya':w00t:
Also, you don't have to stay in touch with them (unless you have kids together or something). Live and learn, if it was your first...it won't be your last. Gotta take the occasional rain cloud mixed in with that sunshine. So again I say in the words of MachShnell "Chin Up!"
Actually, my ex and i hang out all the time, just for fun w/ no "booty" involved. We chill, talk abotu cars, go out, and just be best friends. SO sorry, your wrong.

bennylenny88

bora bora dude
well me and my gf dont get on well together as i like mostly hiphop and rnb and shes more into kt kunstall and james blunt.... she always changes the cd when shes in the car and it gets on my nerves but i know she only does it because of that. and weirdly i love her for that. i really do.

i know she gets annoyed at the little things that she hates but we love each other and we dont need a compromise.

anyways sorry about your relationship mate i dont think i helped at all....

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
RJS5689 said:
Actually, my ex and i hang out all the time, just for fun w/ no "booty" involved. We chill, talk abotu cars, go out, and just be best friends. SO sorry, your wrong.
It was a joke. Lighten up and dry your eyes mate. I think you're the only person in the world that could have possibly been offended by such a silly statement. Then again you've got a lot to learn (and I don't mean that in a bad way).

Last edited:

KharatosGTI

Rally Car Newbie
HAHAHA, the twist has been revealed:

My ex-girlfriend in the story above started flirting around with my 7-year good friend a couple of weeks before she called the quits and they hooked up a couple days after we broke up. After a week, my friend (let's call him Dee) couldn't take the guilt anymore and confessed to his best friend whom is also my good friend. I had a chat with Dan, he said he couldn't help it and that he's in love with her. I told him to go ahead and do whatever.

Cuz I just don't give a damn anymore.

Now that the truth is out, I've come to an realization: I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one!

I was blind, my initial instinct in the beginning suspecting the girl's innocence was quickly overruled when she put on a hell of a show pretending to be a good girl. It's all good, live and learn, I'll remember to trust my instinct next time.

For the friend that stabbed me in the back, I ain't mad cuz if his way of life is to pick up my left-over then he can go ahead and live that way cuz it ain't got nothing to do with me.

I'm very happy that all this happened because it only makes me a better man and teaches me things that I couldn't have learned otherwise.

I'm happier now than I had ever been in the last 4 years, the sky is blue again and my future is bright. I'm only 21, there is still so many good things waiting for me in the future.

Moving to San Francisco next month then I'll transfer to NYU later.

P.S. an important information left out here is that Dee was someone I considered a good friend and the only person that knew everything about my relationship with my ex, he's the one I went and talked to when we had fights and stuff.

Last edited:

jerm5

69=dinner for 2
This forum is probably the only one where its members would not point and laugh at you for making that statement. crazy, anyways i feel for you bro just remember only good can come from the bad. and she must be feelin the same way so its only a matter of time till she realizes

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
Bottom line is, it's a character trait of hers. Whether he or she realizes it or not. She has the potential to cheat on him and leave him just as she did you. And to do it with a friend at that? Come on, bro's b4 hoes (especially at your age). That's pretty weak of your friend to pull that stunt. Anyways, it's like you said.....live and learn. I'm glad for you that the truth has come out of the woodwork. Not to mention you took it like a champ....with the "chin up". Best wishes.

There's a million people out there with a story like yours. It will only make you wiser.

KharatosGTI

Rally Car Newbie
The sad thing is that I'm not actually the one that's hurt, but my friend (let's call him Jay) who's Dee's best friend is seriously hurt over this event. He's a tough guy so he's not expressing any of his feelings on the outside, but when I had a private chat with Jay after the truth was revealed, he became really down and said almost out of tears "I'm ashamed that I introduced this person to other people as my best friend." I tried to comfort him but I can tell the damage is done.

Jay gave me two thumbs up and said I'm a much bigger man than he ever anticipated I'd be, I was really happy to hear that.

Last edited:

ZoomBy

Go Kart Champion
thats all bullshit comming from the dude who stole your girl

i feel bad, i wish i read this thread earlier, i read your first post and the first thing that popped into my head was "this dudes girl is cheating on him"

the same exact thing happned to me, i mean exactly, minus the minor details, i really wish i read this earlier so i could have maybe gave you an advanced warning

i feel for you, and once i found out my ex had been cheating on me, all pain i was feeling was gone, and it was replaced with anger, see your doing pretty well, i would seriously have gone and beat the shit out of my "friend" but thats how i am, i can care less about being big, ill do what i feel needs to be done so i can sleep easier at night.....i cant let my "Friend" steal my girl and get off with it, no way no how.

good luck to you man, and honestly it does suck that you guys broke up, and it does suck that your friend fucked you over, but in the long run it is definetly better that it happned now and not later, now you have more time to rebuild, good luck man

bigdyno

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Maybe it's best that these people you thought were there for you are now gone, Something better is bound to come along and I hope the best for you.

Dub Factor

Jagshemesh!
kirk180 said:
Bottom line is, it's a character trait of hers. Whether he or she realizes it or not. She has the potential to cheat on him and leave him just as she did you. And to do it with a friend at that? Come on, bro's b4 hoes (especially at your age). That's pretty weak of your friend to pull that stunt. Anyways, it's like you said...

This is spot-on. A huge issue with chicks today is a lack of self-worth (and low self-esteem). Live, learn, and now you'll have better pre-screening of your women. :smoking: