GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What are you paying for your GTI?

katie

Autocross Champion
Yeah I'm happy cause I waited so long. I was there for a long time trying to negotiate with them. The manager came out finally and had a talk with me cause they said that I was really pushing it since they went through all the trouble getting through all the ports and cause I was given an internet price, I guess meaning no negotiations.

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
That's just one of their games. They'll get a "sales manager" to come out from the "back" and give you the line about how you've basically worked them down to zero profit and how they couldn't possibly go any lower. If you've done your research and know what a fair price is then stick to your guns and don't cave. But I also wouldn't try to squeeze every last penny from them either. Expect a fair price and give a fair profit...at least that's how I approach it.

Mars549

Passed Driver's Ed
GOT A SUPER DEAL

I got the base model in Candy White, 6 speed manual. List of $22,790..

Got $1000 owner loyalty, and another $790 off...so my final price was $21k even! So, I paid just about dealer invoice on this baby.

Here in VA, sales tax is very low (3%), so out the door with tags and everything, $21,800.

Believe it or not, I sold my R32, and LOVE the new GTI MORE! Handling is much tighter, much less body roll, and the engine is a joy to work. A lot of class and a lot of performance, all in one package. Feel sorry for those dudes in England who have to pay $35k for a base model.

My other car, btw, is a 2006 Civic SI...and, just like the car magazines, I have to say the GTI comes out on top. Turning the Honda over to my son, who will have a ball modding it up..but for me, the GTI is an amazing vehicle which has the quality and feel of a $40k Audi, for half the price.:

I am ONE happy dude!

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
Mars549 said:
I got the base model in Candy White, 6 speed manual. List of $22,790..

Got $1000 owner loyalty, and another $790 off...so my final price was $21k even! So, I paid just about dealer invoice on this baby.

Here in VA, sales tax is very low (3%), so out the door with tags and everything, $21,800.

Believe it or not, I sold my R32, and LOVE the new GTI MORE! Handling is much tighter, much less body roll, and the engine is a joy to work. A lot of class and a lot of performance, all in one package. Feel sorry for those dudes in England who have to pay $35k for a base model.

My other car, btw, is a 2006 Civic SI...and, just like the car magazines, I have to say the GTI comes out on top. Turning the Honda over to my son, who will have a ball modding it up..but for me, the GTI is an amazing vehicle which has the quality and feel of a $40k Audi, for half the price.:

I am ONE happy dude!

Isn't it $500.00 owner loyalty??? not trying to rain on your parade.... LOVE THE Statement about the comparison to AUDI...exactly what I was thinking. My buddy who has an A4 wants a GTI now.

trick000

FIA World Rally Car Champion
I finally ended up paying a little over $26k. This is after TTL and the 3.9% APR/36 months added in(everyone seems to forget to add the loan interests :p). I have a package 1 with DSG. Also, I traded in my civic which had a trade in value of $7600. They gave me $8000 for it. For those who are near Bryan, Texas, check out Garlyn Shelton VW and ask for Paul Dombkowski. He will take care of you. He actually drove down to Houston to deliver me the car. Poor guy had his ATM card eaten by the ATM machine. He profusely apologized for how he wasnt able to fill up the gas on the GTI. He gave me whatever cash he had in his wallet ($13) :p. He traded one of their UGs for the Tornado red over at west houston. I had the car with 38 miles on it.

Last edited:

Dr. Woo

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 VW .:R32
After taxes and title and registration fees, I ended up paying $21,651.43. The VA tax was $627.87. Ouch.

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Did you buy from Jay at CF?

Dr. Woo said:
After taxes and title and registration fees, I ended up paying $21,651.43. The VA tax was $627.87. Ouch.

Dr. Woo

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 VW .:R32
A41.8QTM said:
Did you buy from Jay at CF?
Nope, got it at Casey Imports in Hampton.

vw4ross

Autocross Champion
A41.8QTM said:
MSRP on that is $28,655 (including destination) so they must have had some BS fees tagged onto the sticker. Invoice is $26,419 so you paid ~$1k (~4%)over invoice...not too bad but I think you still had room to negotiate.

No, actually MSRP for that car is $29,405, assuming he has the 18" Hufs. Reason I know, local dealer has a car priced at the same $29,405, and I checked to see exactly what that included.

$2k off sticker sounds pretty reasonable to me.

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
The oiginal posted didn't say it had 18" Huffs...

omghi2kt said:
Sticker was $29,405, I got it down to $27,405.

Tornado Red + DSG + Package 2 +Navi.

I don't see where he listed 18" wheels there.

vw4ross said:
No, actually MSRP for that car is $29,405, assuming he has the 18" Hufs. Reason I know, local dealer has a car priced at the same $29,405, and I checked to see exactly what that included.

$2k off sticker sounds pretty reasonable to me.

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Were they reasonable to deal with? What options/color did you get?

Dr. Woo said:
Nope, got it at Casey Imports in Hampton.

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
He listed the options he had...why should I ASS-ume he only list some of the options? Maybe it was just an oversight on his part. I understand the numbers work out IF he has the Huffs...

:iono:

vw4ross said:
No, but he stated the MSRP. Sometimes you gotta put 2 and 2 together. I'd be shocked if he doesn't have them.