GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What are you paying for your GTI?

Deagle

Touring Car Champion
ewoo said:
For everyone in the US, you should be able to purchase a new GTI at published "invoice" prices---without much negotiations.

I noticed, however, that there was indeed a "port fee" of $163 and and "advertising fee" of $100 in the VW "invoice" to the dealer. These do not appear in edmunds.com. The dealers were also reluctant to forego these fees.

I'm still working on my GTI... We'll see.

Anyone in OHIO or Tenessee with good deals?

I haven't sat down to talk prices with any salesmen, but if I do, I'll keep you informed. Vice versa as well?

ewoo

Rally Car Newbie
It seems dealers know that spring is coming. Everyone here seems pretty tight fisted about their GTIs. I can't get anyone to go below invoice...

I'm gonna wait it out but it's getting tough since my materialistic desires are kicking-in.

KaynE

FIA World Rally Car Champion
ewoo said:
It seems dealers know that spring is coming. Everyone here seems pretty tight fisted about their GTIs. I can't get anyone to go below invoice...

I'm gonna wait it out but it's getting tough since my materialistic desires are kicking-in.

Even getting invoice is extremely hard.
I had a 2k mark up when I got to the lot.

The 20,240 invoice is kind of off. There's the destination charge and some extra crap, which I'm not sure should even be charged too. Also, the dealer charged me 100 bucks for a LIGHT tint which I can't even see.

hakgwai

Touring Car Newbie
Car(s)
BMP GTI
Package 2, dsg = $26k
not a bad deal i believe

timc3

Damn I wish I could get the car that cheaply here in Norway.
The list price with no options is about 380,000Kr which is $58,423.79. What a ripoff.

ewoo

Rally Car Newbie
aznkukuboi said:
Even getting invoice is extremely hard.
I had a 2k mark up when I got to the lot.

Warning: Long Post.

The 20,240 invoice is kind of off. There's the destination charge and some extra crap, which I'm not sure should even be charged too. Also, the dealer charged me 100 bucks for a LIGHT tint which I can't even see.

OK guys, I negotiated and finalized 2 GTIs this weekend. One for me and another for a colleague. Initially, I thought the dealers would work with more because I was after two units. But in the end, I'm not sure if that was much leverage. I knew that I should have began later in the month, but neither of us could wait so we paid the price...

They were NOT great deals but I believe they were FAIR (aka market price for this area of the US).

Prices does not include 6% Tax & $50 Registration.
GTI A: Manual, PKG 0, 18" + Mats & Trunk Liner = 22,174
GTI B: DSG, PKG 2, 18" = 26,085

Based on caculations, we gave the dealer about $600 a piece on top of published internet "invoice price".

I did notice, however, that the INVOICE PRICE does vary from dealer to dealer--depending on their geographic location. Meaning, they will have advertising fees, port fee and some other variable fee printed on the invoice from VW based on which state or area they are at. This can vary from about 100$ to 300$. In addition, most dealers will be very firm about collecting these so-called fees.

(While I was negotiating, I asked about the MkV Jettas and the dealer were very willing to go wa~~ay down under invoice on those!)

In the end, I was a little bummed that I got nowhere near the bargain that Scotaku was able to get but I've learned a lot from this round of car-buying and in the end, felt like I was getting a fair deal.

I think the fact that Louisville is a small city has a lot to do with it too.

I'll be taking delivery on my GTI this Wednesday. Yahhhoooo!
(As councilation, I tell myself that we're really lucky here in the US since we pay about 25 to 30% less for these cars then the rest of the world!)

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Congrats! As long as you walked out feeling like you got a fair deal then it's all good. That's all I'm looking for myself. Be careful though...that "invoice" with all the fees on it isn't from VW...they print that POS in the back office. Those aren't legit fees and are NOT part of the official
invoice price.
ewoo said:
Based on caculations, we gave the dealer about $600 a piece on top of published internet "invoice price".

I did notice, however, that the INVOICE PRICE does vary from dealer to dealer--depending on their geographic location. Meaning, they will have advertising fees, port fee and some other variable fee printed on the invoice from VW based on which state or area they are at. This can vary from about 100$ to 300$. In addition, most dealers will be very firm about collecting these so-called fees.

ewoo

Rally Car Newbie
A41.8QTM said:
Be careful though...that "invoice" with all the fees on it isn't from VW...they print that POS in the back office. Those aren't legit fees and are NOT part of the official
invoice price.

Exactly. That's how I came up with the $600 figure. I basically paid the dealer an extra $600 on top of the invoice items that I knew were legit (the car itself, the 663 for the wheels and 145 for the monster mats and trunk liner).

They weren't willing to budge much after that. I then had the worksheet faxed to me and took it to other dealers around town and no one was willing to match that price on a car they didn't have ON the lot. So we just took it. :iono:

If you haven't purchased yours yet and you can wait. I suggest you hold off until the end of June. I think dealers will be more willing to be much more flexible then.

ewoo

Rally Car Newbie
timc3 said:
Damn I wish I could get the car that cheaply here in Norway.
The list price with no options is about 380,000Kr which is $58,423.79. What a ripoff.

I feel for you dude. I know it probably makes you ill to see us trying so hard to get discounts on our GTIs here in the US---especially when they are already so cheap here! :biggrin:

skycube

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
I picked up my GTI MkV package 2, 18" heuf Alloy wheels, with tinting and ipod adapter, for $25,387 + tax and fees.

Carter VW in Seattle, WA great guys!

Stay away from University VW in Seattle, complete ASS HATS that treated me rude.

PoolShark5

Passed Driver's Ed
Advertised Price $19,491

I came across a dealership ad for the GTI, manual with moonroof, for $19,491 which sounds like a steal to me.

I'm in the market for the DSG with moonroof (package 1?). With this advertised price in mind, what is a good offer?

Thanks!

Deagle

Touring Car Champion
My local dealer wanted 25 for a pgk 0 and the DSG. That includes fees but not taxes. Thats pretty bad isn't it?

ewoo

Rally Car Newbie
Deagle said:
My local dealer wanted 25 for a pgk 0 and the DSG. That includes fees but not taxes. Thats pretty bad isn't it?

I negotiated for my friend's Black DSG with Pkg 2 for $25,960 (before taxes). That was two weeks ago.

Deagle

Touring Car Champion
ewoo said:
I negotiated for my friend's Black DSG with Pkg 2 for $25,960 (before taxes). That was two weeks ago.

Haha, good grief. I'll talk to a guy working there that I've talked to a few times. If he can't shave a good chunk of fat off that, I'll go bark up someone elses tree. Thanks for the input. :smile:

ewoo

Rally Car Newbie
Deagle said:
Haha, good grief. I'll talk to a guy working there that I've talked to a few times. If he can't shave a good chunk of fat off that, I'll go bark up someone elses tree. Thanks for the input. :smile:

BTW, that was for PKG 2 + DSG + 18" Wheels. In addition, it was a dealer locate (ie. not on the lot). The price includes everything BUT taxes. They brought in the car from OHIO.