GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I ❤ HumbleMechanic in the most heterosexual way. His videos plus Deutsche Auto Parts are sooooooo helpful.
my favorite past time is going on his instagram live feeds and saying "put your dick in it" just to see what he says - most IG live streamers will announce the comments/questions and you can see him catch himself from saying things like that. best one i have gotten out of him was "put your.... yeah, i'm not putting that anywhere near this!"

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
I finally got my passenger CF mirror. Seller made me send the wrong one back, then had it for 4 days... Had to ask about it and they claimed it was shipping out. Following week I checked again and they finally gave me a tracking number. Still didn't ship out to me for 2 days after that. Originally ordered them on 12/16. Anyway got them both on and just put a coating on them. They're kinda tricky to get lined up but then they pop right in.

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
I tried to do one of those klii rear view mirror covers. Got the cover on really well, then broke the mirror trying to reinstall the ball joint. Sigh.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I gave up on even trying to remove the damn thing. I was too afraid of breaking the windshield just trying to get the mirror off so I just applied the sticker with it still attached.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Got an accusump in the mail yesterday ?
View attachment 162591

Only plebs get accusumps in the mail. Real men drive 45 minutes to canton to pick it up irl. Also my hose came off my shitty CTS turbo muffler delete again so I have a massive boost leak.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
I just noticed my grill is not aligned with the hood. The VW emblem is pretty far off center... :LOL: I was looking at maybe painting the stripes or just buying a different one to swap out. That's when I noticed it, headlight gaps are gucci tho

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
Sounds like a great setup that you have going there. Please let us know how you like.
Will do, I might even install the rear sway bar before I get the fsb and subframe collars . Not sure .
Just have the rear swaybar sitting in my spare room with my downpipe ?

Holy hell is stage 2 fun!!!! Got everything buttoned up tonight and took her for a test spin. I wasn’t ready for it when I laid into the throttle in 2nd ?. It’s so nice being able to pull more up top too.

I’m pretty sure my clutch is slipping ?. Tried to do a 5th gear pull and she bogged down and then I smelled something, reminded me of brakes when they get hot. Guess I’ll be doing the clutch next. Not sure if I’m DIYing yet or taking it to a shop.

You still enjoying stage 2?
I got another 2 weeks before I get my Downpipe installed. Going to take it to a semi local shop.

I'm thinking about flashing stage 2 the day of the appointment so on my 50mile drive back I can have some fun.
Other options is to flash it at the mechanic once they install the the downpipe, if they agree to let me use their power . Since I got to connect the battery maintainer during the flash.
But I might just wait and do it at home , not sure

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Will do, I might even install the rear sway bar before I get the fsb and subframe collars . Not sure .
Just have the rear swaybar sitting in my spare room with my downpipe ?

You still enjoying stage 2?
I got another 2 weeks before I get my Downpipe installed. Going to take it to a semi local shop.

I'm thinking about flashing stage 2 the day of the appointment so on my 50mile drive back I can have some fun.
Other options is to flash it at the mechanic once they install the the downpipe, if they agree to let me use their power . Since I got to connect the battery maintainer during the flash.
But I might just wait and do it at home , not sure

Stage 2 is awesome!! I enjoyed my first few good pulls and then my clutch started to slip lol. I’m taking it easy now until I get a new clutch. The added auditory benefit of the dp is great too

I would probably flash before you go so that way you are ready. Did you get a j spacer as well for your o2 sensor?

zrickety

The Fixer
Damn! Sure wish VW would bring that MQB magic to the states. What's the point of 'modular' build structure if you don't give us the 2 doors and estates for the cool models?