GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
DSG liqui moly trans service and filter from FCP... Also replaced trans mount. Shifts smooth and trans mount seems to be better. Also maybe less whine noticed on low speed decel.

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
DSG liqui moly trans service and filter from FCP... Also replaced trans mount. Shifts smooth and trans mount seems to be better. Also maybe less whine noticed on low speed decel.
Stock mounts?

ChrisAttebery

Drag Racing Champion
I had the 22mm for a couple weeks. I didn't notice much (if any) difference. I'd return it and get the 24mm if you can.

I found a deal on an 034 25mm with their HD end links and installed that instead. It made a huge improvement you can actually feel on the street. FWIW: I've never had my car understeer on the street, but I have at the autoX and track days I've done.

I posted this in the Official Sway Bar Discussion thread:

"I've been doing a lot of reading on suspension set up and came across this post on the golfmk7 forum:
"What's interesting though is that everyone runs to a rear bar to induce more oversteer, while there have been some very successful teams that moved to much stiffer front bars on Mcstrut FWD cars. The reason is that front roll creates positive camber, and by reducing that roll you keep more of your negative camber intact as you go round a corner. This leads to more lateral grip up front and better rotation. Here's a good read on the matter: https://nasaspeed.news/tech/suspens...-track-performance-for-strut-suspension-cars/ "

In the article he suggests limiting roll to less than 2 degrees. It makes a lot of sense to me now that I've digested it. I looked at pictures from Laguna Seca last year and my car was rolling almost 4 degrees in turn 4 which is a ~65mph sweeper. It looks like I'd need to double the roll stiffness of the car to get below 2 degrees. I ordered an H&R 26mm FSB to go with the 034 25mm RSB. That combination should increase the overall stiffness of the car 2.375x (both bars on soft) to 3x (both bars on stiff) compared to the stock bars."

Did you pair it with a h&r rsb ?
I ordered 22mm for rear next order will be 26mm fsb

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Ordered this today. ?????

Attachments

• F6424C8C-9E26-4CAC-83C9-050ACE54CF04.jpeg
    F6424C8C-9E26-4CAC-83C9-050ACE54CF04.jpeg
    255 KB · Views: 163

R^2

Ready to race!
Dumped 1/2 cup of coffee in the center console cup holder during a 3rd gear WOT pull. #deadinside. 2 giant buckets of damp rid and odor eliminator in the car right now to mitigate as best as possible.

PSA - patch the hole in the aft cup holder that allows fluid to vanish into the unknown. Also, always have a cloth / paper towels. I just ran out -DOH!

zrickety

The Fixer
Hood looks great...but doesn't that keep the heat in?