GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Which setup did you get? This may be one of my next things. Was gonna go spring/strut but my buddy is talking me into coilover. Possibly KW

I went with ST's which is basically a KW without the Inox coating. I had KW's on a Civic and the Inox coating is very nice and holds up to all kinds of road grim. The locking collars are a delrin material so they never seize. With you being in Texas it might not really be needed. The KW's might have a linear spring rate too not sure.

I always recommend coil overs because of the adjust-ability. Springs never seemed to sit right. Either coil overs or stage 1 tune would be a good next purchase :)

Phur

Autocross Champion
I dropped mine off at the body shop this morning. It’s so nice how much stuff you can fit in these cars. It’ll be an Edition 35 clone in no time. (Now I just need to go KO4.)?

SoWalGTI

Autocross Champion
Finished stage 2. Next stop, forced induction.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
^^^^ Glorious

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Did a little spring cleaning yesterday. Still gotta buy the new rubber for them but once I get that they'll be mostly good to go. I did notice that one of them has what looks like a bend on the back side, would that be worth getting fixed before having the tires mounted? I didn't notice any weird wear on that tire. Also took the restrictor out of my O2 spacer and reinstalled that. On the stock tune and no code with the o2 sensor readiness set. Just gotta wait for the evap system to show ready and i'll take it down to get emissions done. Only 3 years late ?.

Gr8N0rthW0lf

Go Kart Champion
Finished stage 2. Next stop, forced induction.

Dude everything you post from your cars to your garage are absolutely drool-worthy. Very impressed by the quality and attention to detail you apply to your cars, but also by some of the creativity you show in your builds. Hope someday I can have a car and/or garage half as nice as yours

GolNat

Autocross Champion
I did notice that one of them has what looks like a bend on the back side, would that be worth getting fixed before having the tires mounted?

If it effects balancing, ride or tire wear I would get it fixed. Would be best to get it done before the new tires. I had a bent wheel fixed, I think it cost around $125.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
If it effects balancing, ride or tire wear I would get it fixed. Would be best to get it done before the new tires. I had a bent wheel fixed, I think it cost around $125.
That's what I figured. I am gonna see if the shop i'm having mount my tires and fix it, if not there are a few other local places I know can. Either that or just use it as an excuse for new wheels

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
Have posted much lately but finally washed it this weekend, looks pretty clean. Sleek and shine is like magic lol.

Attachments

• IMG_20200315_184804.jpg
    IMG_20200315_184804.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 156
  • IMG_20200315_184705.jpg
    IMG_20200315_184705.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 145

mystikalous

Ready to race!
Swapped out a faulty radiator sensor which kept throwing the U1030 and U102f codes preventing me from passing smog. VW doesn’t sell the part separate and wants you to buy a new radiator for $900~. Thanks to B5_Addict on youtube was able to swap it with the identical part from Mercedes Benz for $70 and couple hours and a few White Claws. Happy to report no more codes and was able to pass smog and get my 2021 registration.

Attachments

• 59201D85-7F9F-4C02-B196-E2C91F964A6C.jpeg
    59201D85-7F9F-4C02-B196-E2C91F964A6C.jpeg
    405.8 KB · Views: 152

SoWalGTI

Autocross Champion
Dude everything you post from your cars to your garage are absolutely drool-worthy. Very impressed by the quality and attention to detail you apply to your cars, but also by some of the creativity you show in your builds. Hope someday I can have a car and/or garage half as nice as yours

Thanks Wolf! I appreciate the kind words!

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
I dropped mine off at the body shop this morning. It’s so nice how much stuff you can fit in these cars. It’ll be an Edition 35 clone in no time. (Now I just need to go KO4.)?
Please post pics once you get it all done , love the Edition 35. Are you just replacing the side skirts and the front bumper?