GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
I don't see how an Italian tune up would do anything for the backside of the valves where it's needed. For a non GDI engine yes.
there is a patent from VW that claims it's the heat from extended high rpm......I'll see if I can find the post. I'm not convinced it works but it's easy to do. I feel it worth the effort.

Jim

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
i recall this patent as well. Not necessarily an italian tuneup so to speak. I remember the language is more in line with sustained high RPM driving inline with cruising highway in 3-4 gear. But yeah, theory is there's enough heat build to blow out the carbon. Similar results can be sustained with longer drives at lower RPMs, which i've experienced after several long roadtrips.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
1 usb isn't enough? do you work in photography or something
Wife and 2 teenagers. You can never have enough usb chargers.......

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Anyone that ever has passengers knows 1 usb isn't enough. No need to work in photography.

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
i recall this patent as well. Not necessarily an italian tuneup so to speak. I remember the language is more in line with sustained high RPM driving inline with cruising highway in 3-4 gear. But yeah, theory is there's enough heat build to blow out the carbon. Similar results can be sustained with longer drives at lower RPMs, which i've experienced after several long roadtrips.

It's also the procedure that CRC recommends after dosing the engine with GDI Intake Cleaner.

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
I feel like this is secretly Mud

Get that drunken old man out of here. He does nothing but appeal to lowest common denominator mouth breathers on his "car channel" where all he does is make videos with click-bait titles that are exactly 10:12 long, while reading the most inane viewer questions, and talking shit about actual helpful car channels.

When he does sober up enough to film work on a car it ends up being the most useless diy video imaginable.

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Get that drunken old man out of here. He does nothing but appeal to lowest common denominator mouth breathers on his "car channel" where all he does is make videos with click-bait titles that are exactly 10:12 long, while reading the most inane viewer questions, and talking shit about actual helpful car channels.

When he does sober up enough to film work on a car it ends up being the most useless diy video imaginable.
I love how salty he got over this video :LOL: read the comments

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion

Sorry it was just a joke, I don't actually follow this guy or anything. I don't really follow any car channels except this.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R

mac340

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE 6MT
The "Engineering Explained" guy on Youtube has a good vid about Italian tune up and whether they work or not.

Total1

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
15 GTI Autobahn 6MT
Love FCP Euro! Ordered this intake last Friday and got it today.