GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
removed the swirl valve/vibration damper deal and swapped out clutch line. There was some odd milky substance inside of it... after installed I flushed out just shy of 1 bottle dot 4 oem fluid... between This, the clutch delay valve mod, the bfi mounts and the spulen extreme dog bone insert it’s def help make this clutch engagements/grab easier to be smooth and quick.
AFDB957D-ACEA-4F19-93F8-362278A4A3F9.jpeg
CF8B9934-48B6-418A-8DFC-C5B50D4BF146.jpeg

danvilla413

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 SE 6MT, '04 S2K
spent 2 hours trying to replace my rear brakes only to find out I forgot they need that tool that slots into the holes to spring them down.

went to Autozone, got this lisle cube thing and that broke. So ordered a new kit on amazon.

I spent 1whole hour with a caliper press trying to press that fucker back. Felt so dumb....

Oh and I thought thecaliper bolts for the front were missing....Just turns out I had one extra rear bolt in the box which lead me to think i was missingan extra front one....

think I'm done for the day.

I picked up this fairly cheap brake tool set from Amazon. Did the trick.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01FW3U26G?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Can't you just use a c clamp to push the piston back in? I've never heard of a special tool being needed.

Mk7jorge_310

Ready to race!
Car(s)
mk7 gti
I actually emailed aerofabb asking if they had any idea when it would be back in stock. The owner replied and told me he had 2 in stock and would put them on the site right that second . I guess I got lucky.

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Installed the new revision of pcv for the S3 on my GTI today. Pretty easy and quick install. Be sure to reseat all the connectors to the coil packs, or your car will run very poorly and immediately throw a CEL. Ask me how I know.

Anyway, it's supposed to stop the smoke show under braking on track. I'll let you know how it goes.
Part no/link? Do you also run a catch can in tandem or no? I was looking at different solutions for the pcv issues encountered on track, if this fixes it that would be great.

danvilla413

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 SE 6MT, '04 S2K
Can't you just use a c clamp to push the piston back in? I've never heard of a special tool being needed.
Nope. Rear caliper pistons on several cars require rotation to allow them to compress. This is true in most late model Hondas as well (and I assume others). This mostly has to do with parking brake operation.

See a better explanation here.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Part no/link? Do you also run a catch can in tandem or no? I was looking at different solutions for the pcv issues encountered on track, if this fixes it that would be great.

I do not run a catch can.

Part number 06K103495BL

Nope. Rear caliper pistons on several cars require rotation to allow them to compress. This is true in most late model Hondas as well (and I assume others). This mostly has to do with parking brake operation.

Thanks, I'll have to pick up a tool. I'm getting ready to swap rear pads to something more aggressive.

RSLICK

Ready to race!
Car(s)
7.5 Autobahn DSG
Installed Lamin-X on headlights. This was a really difficult job, for me. I did the first one and there were just dozens of bubbles that I couldn't get out with removing and re positioning as per instructions. I eventually gave up, and following the instruction pricked them all with a needle. Two weeks later it started to look really good, and then another week and it was great. I figured the second one was going to be a whole lot easirer. It was worse. Maybe it is the compount curves, and maybe it is cut a little too short, but I had a heck of a time. I was going to give up serveral times. My back eventually really started to kill me, and so I finally went with what I had. Two weeks later and many of the bubbles have disappeared, but that was with much work. And, there is a section at the end that has no bubbles, but looks like it is something in the plastic that is making it opaque. Would I do it again? Yes, considering the headlights with tax are about $1700 each. I am going on road trips, and thought it cheap insurance. If you go this route be prepared for a lot of post application needling, and have a bucket full of patience.

coleminer

I ran Lamin-X on my headlights for roughly 2 years when I first saw some posts about other members getting cracks after using the film. I checked my lights and sure enough there were a series of small hairline cracks along the bottom of both lights. I immediately pulled that stuff off and replaced it with 3M. Overall clarity is much better with the 3M as well as the Lamin-X has a funky texture to it.

RSLICK

Ready to race!
Car(s)
7.5 Autobahn DSG
I ran Lamin-X on my headlights for roughly 2 years when I first saw some posts about other members getting cracks after using the film. I checked my lights and sure enough there were a series of small hairline cracks along the bottom of both lights. I immediately pulled that stuff off and replaced it with 3M. Overall clarity is much better with the 3M as well as the Lamin-X has a funky texture to it.

I did read about this, and thought it a bunch of bull. Besides, I had already purchased them. So, 3M sells precut covers for a 7.5?

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
riiiight? see that's what i thought too.
I was able to do this with a pair of needle nose pliers. Pain in the ass for sure, but works in a pinch.

baaah, i just bought the kit on amazon n I'll just wait for it
Installed the new revision of pcv for the S3 on my GTI today. Pretty easy and quick install. Be sure to reseat all the connectors to the coil packs, or your car will run very poorly and immediately throw a CEL. Ask me how I know.

Anyway, it's supposed to stop the smoke show under braking on track. I'll let you know how it goes.

Def keep updated. I run the spulen CC for the past 2-3 years to fix that issue to great success.

^^^ he right

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
riiiight? see that's what i thought too.

baaah, i just bought the kit on amazon n I'll just wait for it

Def keep updated. I run the spulen CC for the past 2-3 years to fix that issue to great success.

^^^ he right

I'll definitely keep you updated. I didn't want to spend $500+ on a CC, and while doing research, someone on here turned me onto the new PCV. There's one review for it on FCP Euro stating it solved the smoking issue on track, so that's promising. I might still add a universal CC, but haven't decided.

Is there a recommended tool for VW for the rear brakes? Or is it just a universal thing? I've never had a car that required that. Makes no sense to me for manufactures to do that, but what do I know?