Attachments

• IMG_20200715_193033_799.jpg
    IMG_20200715_193033_799.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 147

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Went back to same item and seller I used a few weeks ago. paypal is greyed out now.

I refuse to buy from anyone online if they don't use PayPal. If I want the product from that company bad enough I'll call and place the order and if they don't do phone sales I'll find another source.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Installed the new plate and frame. I think I like it!
20200715_201417.jpg

mac340

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE 6MT
I refuse to buy from anyone online if they don't use PayPal. If I want the product from that company bad enough I'll call and place the order and if they don't do phone sales I'll find another source.
I am pretty sure I have never used PayPal, I think my wife does though lol.

Agray

Go Kart Champion
I’d never use a debit card online but I don’t see anything wrong with putting it on a credit card? Credit cards as a product suck, but most issuers are not going to hold you responsible for fraudulent charges.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I’d never use a debit card online but I don’t see anything wrong with putting it on a credit card? Credit cards as a product suck, but most issuers are not going to hold you responsible for fraudulent charges.

You're correct about the fraudulent charges but then you also have to cancel that CC and get a new one which is a particular hassle if you have any automatic payments using that card. It's just too risky actually typing in your CC number online.

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
You're correct about the fraudulent charges but then you also have to cancel that CC and get a new one which is a particular hassle if you have any automatic payments using that card. It's just too risky actually typing in your CC number online.
this exactly. I've never had an issue getting money back from a credit card dispute, but the process of getting a new card and cancelling and setting up new auto-payments is a pain in the butt.

paypal is quick, easy, and safe.

danvilla413

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 SE 6MT, '04 S2K
Just yesterday I won a PayPal dispute. I ordered something (from an admittedly shady site). Item came not as advertised. I claimed PayPal's purchase protection, and in two weeks I had my $56 back. TL;DR I use PayPal whenever possible. I'll also use Google Pay, Amazon Pay or even Apple Pay if PayPal isn't an option.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Spent 4.5 hours detailing my GSW for VAGFair Vacationland this weekend. Only made it 14 miles before being caught in a downpour lol.
NEVER fails lol