GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Spent 4.5 hours detailing my GSW for VAGFair Vacationland this weekend. Only made it 14 miles before being caught in a downpour lol.
Detailing a car is actually the rain dance.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Installed the 8" matte screen. Worth the cost of the upgrade. Something so simple, but makes a huge difference in the interior feel of the car.

1.jpg

Cemetery

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
e36m/e46m/mk7r
Polished the top of my Euro Impulse shift knob today because the top was starting to fade pretty bad. I still need to go over with a finer grit wet sand and steel wool but all and all I'm happy with how it looks.

1594927011889.png

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Spent 4.5 hours detailing my GSW for VAGFair Vacationland this weekend. Only made it 14 miles before being caught in a downpour lol.

That torpedo on the roof looks just like the one that air-mailed Spock's body in The Wrath of Khan. ;)

Polished the top of my Euro Impulse shift knob today because the top was starting to fade pretty bad. I still need to go over with a finer grit wet sand and steel wool but all and all I'm happy with how it looks.

View attachment 179689

Polishing your knob again, huh? How's your eyesight holding up?

Golf17AT

Car(s)
2017 Golf Alltrack S
Brought my 17 AT S in for a recall, it didn't fix the issue (trans micro switch) so now i gotta go back at 7:30 am on the 5th for a full diagnostic, fun times!

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
JB4 Bluetooth. Now I don’t have to bring out the laptop to make changes. Time to log the Diggs24 special! Can’t wait!

Attachments

• D7A5450B-9B41-4C22-B89A-1E058E2E9EFF.jpeg
    D7A5450B-9B41-4C22-B89A-1E058E2E9EFF.jpeg
    34.9 KB · Views: 112
  • 0EB8885F-F92C-4039-878A-D3506E6F9571.jpg
    0EB8885F-F92C-4039-878A-D3506E6F9571.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 110

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
got the driver side seat installed tonight, figured i would start with this side as its one less step needed since the pass side I'm going to have to figure out the occupancy sensor so the passenger bag will still register when a person is in the seat, also pretty sure I'm going to dye the stitching red to match the rest of the stitching in the car.
IMG_3066.jpg
IMG_3065.jpg

IMG_3070.jpg

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
got the driver side seat installed tonight, figured i would start with this side as its one less step needed since the pass side I'm going to have to figure out the occupancy sensor so the passenger bag will still register when a person is in the seat, also pretty sure I'm going to dye the stitching red to match the rest of the stitching in the car.
View attachment 179773View attachment 179774
View attachment 179778
So nice. Any idea the weight differences?

StealthGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Hello,

I refuse to buy from anyone online if they don't use PayPal. If I want the product from that company bad enough I'll call and place the order and if they don't do phone sales I'll find another source.

When you place a phone order, one of two things likely happens:

1) The person taking the order pulls up their website and uses the same form that you refused to use, entering all of the information as you say it on the phone; or

2) The person taking the order writes down your info to fulfill the order after the call ends. With your order written down, there's no telling what security measures are taken with your CC info. Even if the person taking your order is honest, someone else may have access to your info after the fact.

I appreciate using PayPal when I can, just so that my CC info is not shared with anyone else. We'd be in big trouble if PayPal ever gets hacked. Without PayPal, though, I'd rather enter my CC info into a secure webpage than give it to a stranger over a phone line that may be monitored. Using a CC that's not tied to important services is smart, too. Paranoid? Maybe. But a hack has only been a minor inconvenience to me instead of a panic-inducing financial crisis. ;-)

kornsined

Go Kart Newbie
My Visa was hacked shortly after using Aliexpress last year. Luckily I caught on early enough and the bank refunded me no questions asked.

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
Hello,

When you place a phone order, one of two things likely happens:

1) The person taking the order pulls up their website and uses the same form that you refused to use, entering all of the information as you say it on the phone; or

2) The person taking the order writes down your info to fulfill the order after the call ends. With your order written down, there's no telling what security measures are taken with your CC info. Even if the person taking your order is honest, someone else may have access to your info after the fact.

I appreciate using PayPal when I can, just so that my CC info is not shared with anyone else. We'd be in big trouble if PayPal ever gets hacked. Without PayPal, though, I'd rather enter my CC info into a secure webpage than give it to a stranger over a phone line that may be monitored. Using a CC that's not tied to important services is smart, too. Paranoid? Maybe. But a hack has only been a minor inconvenience to me instead of a panic-inducing financial crisis. ;-)

Unfortunately, just because you enter the info on a secure site, it doesn't mean anything. That can be as bad or worse than telling it to someone over the phone.

I used to build e-commerce websites for a lot of small businesses that already had a brick and motor location or way of entering a cc by hand.

Many of them did not want to pay extra for real time cc processing via web. So what they'd do instead is just collect and save your cc info from when you checkout and then after the fact they'd just go look it up and manually enter it by virtual terminal.

That means they'd store all your data in clear text, often indefinitely. If I was a less honest person, I could have taken thousands of people's cc#s and done anything I wanted. Some of them had cc #s sitting for years. They couldn't even be bothered to delete them after charging.