uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
VWR drop in filter. Sounds more aggressive on heel-toe downshifts now

Mk7tsi3door

Go Kart Newbie
QUESTION

How can I vacuum all the crumbles and dirt that hides in that tight place that surrounds the shifter ?
Pop out the leatherette shift boot, pull up from the front where the lid closes on the little cubby. Also quite easy to pop out the boot that covers the bottom of the e-brake lever

Edit just saw the pic of where you mean. I’ll leave this up incase it helps anyone else

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Just signed some refinance paperwork. Went from $515 a month at 5.5% with 63 months left to $434 a month at 2.75% with 60 months left. Last friday I dumped $4k into the loan to set up better refinance terms.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Germans love their pink. Of course if we had STi's, this would be perfect for the whole Cherry Blossom thing.
I think most people are trying to avoid those kinds of infections in particular.

Lysol88

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
^ You all are my new best friends :ROFLMAO:

QUESTION

How can I vacuum all the crumbles and dirt that hides in that tight place that surrounds the shifter ?
Maybe try detailing putty?

I have the same one, unfortunately it faded to pink already
hmm, that's no bueno. any lucky w/ sanding the ring down? I didn't check if it was metal or plastic

Last edited:

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
^ You all are my new best friends :ROFLMAO:

Maybe try detailing putty?

hmm, that's no bueno. any lucky w/ sanding the ring down? I didn't check if it was metal or plastic

Its anodized aluminum, and the knob could be disabled, ring sanded/polished or painted and put back together.

In my case I really enjoy the added weight of the knob and kinda knew it would fade being in SC.

Once it gets worse I’ll fix it but for now it’s not too bad

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
QUESTION

I use my air compressor and a detail brush to blow all the shit out and then just vacuum the car.

Cliff

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2015 Cayman GTS
I was up at Thunderhill today doing the 5 mile configuration for the first time in this car, so I was able to add a new track outline to the back window. Mechanical issues limited me to one session today - something weird is going on with my car since Griffin resealed the valve cover in July.

2020-10-16 15.02.55.jpg