Clutch, rear seal and downpipe
signal-2021-01-27-173207.jpg

signal-2021-01-27-173207 (1).jpg

signal-2021-01-27-173207 (3).jpg

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Paid my deposit for my Nardo Grey wrap, scheduled to drop it off to be done on March 1st. Total cost is $1,450.
At that price my first instinct is to ask what corners are they cutting and are they using a cheap material? I'm sure you vetted it out, but that's a great price.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Did my first ever brake bleed with the Motive, it made things super easy. Though I suppose the real test will be whether or not I can actually stop when I go for a test drive around the block. These were new calipers/lines so had to run a good amount of fluid through them before there were no bubbles... inner/outer ad nauseum. Without driving the pedal feels similar to before with and without engine running. I didn't touch the rear brakes but is it recommended to bleed back there too since I had the fronts brakes removed?
View attachment 201415

Also installed dynamic indicators on my new power folding BSM mirrors and then installed both of those. Had smoked dynamic indicators previously. They were invisible in the daytime and the small driver indication couldn't be seen even at night.
View attachment 201416

That completes my BSM/lane change assist and rear traffic alert retrofit. The only faults I had were the opens for both indicators. I bought the modules on eBay, removed from a front collision totaled Golf, so they didn't need much beyond the dynamic calibration that takes place while driving. Even without the indicators I checked the dynamic calibration status measuring values and it progressed/completed. Still need to go for a drive and see how well it works.
View attachment 201417
Yes, do the rears. I have the same brakes and didn't initially bleed rears. Doing so made a significant difference.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Does that include the door jambs?

I don't believe so, but to be honest I didn't ask that question. Would be easy enough for me to get some and do it myself if I really wanted.

At that price my first instinct is to ask what corners are they cutting and are they using a cheap material? I'm sure you vetted it out, but that's a great price.

I'm having it done by this guy: https://thewrapguy.com/. He's a legitimate commercial vinyl installer, car wraps are something he just does after hours to supplement his commercial wrap income. So he says expect him to have the car for 5 - 8 days vs. someone who could dedicate 2 full time days to it. Says he's done over 150 color changes, and work all looks legit. He advertises $1k color changes, and despite a VW Golf being listed as an example, the wrap for a GTI was $1,200. It was an additional $250 in labor for him to remove the bumpers instead of working around them on the car. Uses CheetahWrap, which he equates to 3M 2080. Warrantied it for a full year against any lifting, bubbling, or peeling. The gallery on CheetahWrap's website show examples of it on Ferrari's & Bently's, so I imagine it's a quality product.

Guess I'll find out after the first week of March. My friend is using me as a guinea pig to see how it comes out, one of his colors is close to CFB that he's considering for his car.

ImpetuousOne

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 GTi S DSG
Got the sub setup wired up in the hatch....for a 2nd time. Still have some prettying up to do, mostly tucking the loops under the deck, along with the signal wire taps behind the IU. Fingers crossed the LC2i brings back the bass that was absent. Bonus with the way I've got it positioned is the floor can be lifted as normal to get at the spare😎
IMG_20210127_172002990.jpg
IMG_20210127_171708677.jpg

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Yes, do the rears. I have the same brakes and didn't initially bleed rears. Doing so made a significant difference.
Copy that, will do. My painter is dropping off my new-to-me rear PP calipers today. Assuming I can find the proper grease for the slides I might re-assemble and install them tonight. Then I can do one bleed, which I guess should be a bleed of all 4 corners. As for rear PP caliper banjo bolts, can anyone confirm 10 or 12mm? I need to pick those up to.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

nok513

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 VW GTI S
No pics of the install, but I got the Eurosport Front Strut bar installed. Stupid easy, but I forgot about the metal tabs under the plastic cowl and it shot across the garage. Pretty funny, good thing I kept an eye on it and didn't lose it. Gonna be installing Moog rear end links tomorrow night and rear subframe locking collars.

PXL_20210128_184626466.jpg

a$ap

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I don't believe so, but to be honest I didn't ask that question. Would be easy enough for me to get some and do it myself if I really wanted.

I'm having it done by this guy: https://thewrapguy.com/. He's a legitimate commercial vinyl installer, car wraps are something he just does after hours to supplement his commercial wrap income. So he says expect him to have the car for 5 - 8 days vs. someone who could dedicate 2 full time days to it. Says he's done over 150 color changes, and work all looks legit. He advertises $1k color changes, and despite a VW Golf being listed as an example, the wrap for a GTI was $1,200. It was an additional $250 in labor for him to remove the bumpers instead of working around them on the car. Uses CheetahWrap, which he equates to 3M 2080. Warrantied it for a full year against any lifting, bubbling, or peeling. The gallery on CheetahWrap's website show examples of it on Ferrari's & Bently's, so I imagine it's a quality product.

Guess I'll find out after the first week of March. My friend is using me as a guinea pig to see how it comes out, one of his colors is close to CFB that he's considering for his car.
I've wrapped 2 vehicles in Cheetah Wrap, so far it holds up well and looks great. While it proves to be a great budget wrap, my only concern is that it is recommended to be removed within 2-3 years, opposed to Avery or 3m 5+ years. IMO it might be worth the couple extra $$$ for a longer lasting wrap.