GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Brembo 17z 6 pots with 330mm rotors, 10mm spacer, stock strut mounts, B8's with H&R OE Sports and stock steel knuckles gone.
IMG_20210124_140010.jpg

Macan 4 pots with 345mm rotors, no spacer, strut mounts with Euro Sport camber inserts, B4 Damptronics with GTI springs and GTI aluminum knuckles installed.
IMG_20210125_200854.jpg

Brakes are missing the crossover tube and bleeders (removed them and plugged the holes for paint). They will go on tomorrow and I'll give the motive bleeder a try for the first time. Keen eyes might notice the arrow drawn on the axle nut in the second picture. That was so I could hold myself accountable to get the full 180 on it after lowering the car. It was easier this time, must be the covid weight helping me with the cheater bar, haha.
IMG_20210125_230233.jpg

IMG_20210125_230346.jpg

I do love the way they look but I'm also really happy to not be running a spacer. White line control arms add caster that lead to rubbing. My wheels are now tucked back in a little bit overall plus a little more up top with the camber inserts. That combined with added ride height with the GTI setup should eliminate any rubbing. I've previously run both super pro and 034 fixed camera plates and I like the camber but did not like the harshness or low speed turning noise I couldn't eliminate. I'm pretty excited about getting a little camber back.
IMG_20210125_230322.jpg

I suppose this also completes the hardware install part of my DCC retrofit into a Golf S. I'll drive the car for about a week to let everything settle, then get an alignment and have the DCC basic settings done.

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
Assuming sarcasm, what sucked the most? Been considering doing this myself but a bit nervous about taking the doors apart.
Taking door apart isnt super hard. You need to do it regardless if youre ordering BSM equipped mirrors or non bsm and later retrofitting.

Deathbyart

Go Kart Newbie
Only have a couple hundred miles on my new SE, so I have to start small. First thing was the D-Dock and Klii badge vinyl.

Attachments

• Unknown-14.jpeg
    Unknown-14.jpeg
    699.8 KB · Views: 80

Mk7tsi3door

Go Kart Newbie
I changed the oil in my 5 speed trans... snapped the backup light sensor reinstalling it.... it’ll be a couple days until it’s on stock so used the snapped off thread section and some silicone to seal it in the meantime. Bad luck but atleast it’s not necessary to function!

(R)Rated

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Assuming sarcasm, what sucked the most? Been considering doing this myself but a bit nervous about taking the doors apart.
It's because I was trying to find a way to transfer BSM wires over with have compromising the wiring on the folding mirrors. At the end I ended up cutting a fair amount of the sleeving, using a zip tie to route the wiring and then fixing the wiring loom. You should be able to de-pin the connector, but it was a bit of a pain to do.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
I changed the oil in my 5 speed trans... snapped the backup light sensor reinstalling it.... it’ll be a couple days until it’s on stock so used the snapped off thread section and some silicone to seal it in the meantime. Bad luck but atleast it’s not necessary to function!
Just go ahead and swap in a gti tranny

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Did my first ever brake bleed with the Motive, it made things super easy. Though I suppose the real test will be whether or not I can actually stop when I go for a test drive around the block. These were new calipers/lines so had to run a good amount of fluid through them before there were no bubbles... inner/outer ad nauseum. Without driving the pedal feels similar to before with and without engine running. I didn't touch the rear brakes but is it recommended to bleed back there too since I had the fronts brakes removed?
IMG_20210126_234545.jpg

Also installed dynamic indicators on my new power folding BSM mirrors and then installed both of those. Had smoked dynamic indicators previously. They were invisible in the daytime and the small driver indication couldn't be seen even at night.
IMG_20210126_020018.jpg

That completes my BSM/lane change assist and rear traffic alert retrofit. The only faults I had were the opens for both indicators. I bought the modules on eBay, removed from a front collision totaled Golf, so they didn't need much beyond the dynamic calibration that takes place while driving. Even without the indicators I checked the dynamic calibration status measuring values and it progressed/completed. Still need to go for a drive and see how well it works.
IMG_20210127_011913.jpg

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Had my thermostat replaced under warranty.... No significant loss of coolant, but the smell was strong when you opened the hood and I finally caught it dripping on the belly tray. It was replaced with the "M" part revision which appears to be the latest so hopefully it lasts a while! While he was in there, I asked for the tech to look at the valves and tell me how much build up was there and he was nice enough to FaceTime me so I could see for myself. Cylinders 2 & 3 had virtually no build up while 1 & 4 were moderate at best so for a half hour of labor I had him clean those up and all is well.

50k miles. Stage 2 since 20k.

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Paid my deposit for my Nardo Grey wrap, scheduled to drop it off to be done on March 1st. Total cost is $1,450.