GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Today and yesterday… Drove GTI to work and it overheated on the way home on the freeway, worse places to turn off a guess
IMG_9102.jpeg

Was able to add close to a gallon of water and get it home after it cooled off… oil looks fine so I’m sure it’s just the water pump pissing it all off.

Also got my new plate after getting the first one denied 😂.

Balance has now been restored in the vr6 Wookie world
IMG_9107.jpeg

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Better put some PPF on them quick.
Def…. Thinking xpel

Was it all cracked at the edges? Mine did that and I just used black vinyl to cover it… but if you’re telling me…😅
AFS error which equated to bad motor

Today and yesterday… Drove GTI to work and it overheated on the way home on the freeway, worse places to turn off a guess
View attachment 297031
Was able to add close to a gallon of water and get it home after it cooled off… oil looks fine so I’m sure it’s just the water pump pissing it all off.

Also got my new plate after getting the first one denied 😂.

Balance has now been restored in the vr6 Wookie world
View attachment 297032
Only because this just happened to mine, I was leaking oil because my gaskets failed at the accessories bracket. Might want to check there because that never crossed my mind.

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG

JTM88

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
Installed my BFI stage 1 motor mount and trans mount insert. After 111,000 miles both mounts were pretty shot. Only driven it a little bit, throttle inputs seem more direct, and there is a little more noise.

Attachments

• IMG_2622.jpeg
    IMG_2622.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_2624.jpeg
    IMG_2624.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 32

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Oil change, new front rotors, started on LF wheel bearing replacement

(Had to replace the rotors because one was so stuck on the hub I had to hammer it hard to get it off and it got dented. Such is life.)

Kart17

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'17 VW GTI Sport
Front exhaust aero panel put on. Very easy once you get the jacked up.

Rear Shock mounts and bump stops replaced. Looks to have solved the clunking I had. I need to refit the roll bar back on tomorrow morning..

Kart17

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'17 VW GTI Sport
H&R 24mm + Moog End Links reinstalled. Finally no clunking after replacing the rear shock mounts! I also buttoned everything up and installed the MK8 rear control arm aero covers.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R