Car(s)
2018 Golf R Manual
Went skiing!
IMG_6741.png

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Went to replace serpentine belt. Not a bad job, but it would have been easier if I was given the correct belt.
Preemptive, scheduled, or symptoms? They're usually cheap enough that by 100k I'll change it just for a little peace of mind, which reminds me when it warms up I should change the tensioner on the daily

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
noticed damage on the outside of it. idk from where the only thing I can think of is when I had minor accident back in the spring. The body shop ended up replacing bumper/intercooler maybe it was damaged then (It could have also picked up a rock and got caught between tensioner and belt)? I didn't see anything that looked like it was hitting it but there was about 1-1.5" of damage to the outside of the belt. 60K miles/6yrs and no signs of cracking. I'll try again next wknd. I did complete oil change

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
Paint corrected and ceramic coated the MK7 today. Started at 9AM and finished around 12AM. Job took me about 15 hours.

I was quoted $1200 for this job so I did it myself. This is my first time ever doing this type of job and I think I did great.

It was fairly hard on my back I’ll be honest.
The worse of it was polishing the roof of the car.

Night Blue Metallic is such an underrated color
IMG_4867.jpeg

IMG_4868.jpeg

IMG_4858.jpeg

Here's one correction I was able to do.
Piano Black Side Pillar BEFORE cut & polish
IMG_4861.jpeg
AFTER (excuse the smudge on the panel)
IMG_4869.jpeg

Last edited:

Mass_Paul

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Golf MK7 GTI S
Paint corrected and ceramic coated the MK7 today. Started at 9AM and finished around 12AM. Job took me about 15 hours.

I was quoted $1200 for this job so I did it myself. This is my first time ever doing this type of job and I think I did great.

View attachment 297682
View attachment 297683
View attachment 297684

Piano Black Side Pillar BEFORE cut & polishView attachment 297679AFTER (excuse the smudge on the panel)
View attachment 297680

Looks great. What did you use to correct the swirling on the black pillars?

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1

View attachment 297682
View attachment 297683
View attachment 297684

Piano Black Side Pillar BEFORE cut & polishView attachment 297679AFTER (excuse the smudge on the panel)
View attachment 297680
Like 3 years into owning my NBM GTI I had a friend do full paint correction and ceramic coating on it and the difference is unreal. There's so much depth of color and flake in the paint that just doesn't show in the factory finish. Strangers would ask me about the paint color after it was fixed up. It looks like you did an amazing job, enjoy it!

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
AFTER (excuse the smudge on the panel)
IMG_4869.jpeg
Nice for the first time. Next time tape the rubber trim on top and bottom so you don't get that smudge/burn mark from the pad on the top right. Also, the can take one more polish pass to get all the swirls out that you can see around the light reflection. This are a little harder to polish than paint, but they do clear out as good as paint does. What did you use? The 3" with your drill? If so, clean out the yellow pad well to remove all the grit left from the compound (blue) and use the polish (white) on it, go slow and do one full pass and check. It should be all gone, if you want more clarity, then follow up with the white foam and a dab of yellow polish. Make sure to diminish the polish as much as possible, you will start seeing it slightly oily as the abrasives entirely break down. That should do it.

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Who needs a rear wiper lol
View attachment 297664

@krs that OBDeleven brake drying app was the trick… no issue going home at all
Finished Italian tune-up on our way back from Italy to Germany yesterday. 2h at 3k rpm constantly. While my daugther was driving she used the rear wiper, I didn't use it at all afterwards...
MicrosoftTeams-image.jpg