GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Unitronic, but why does that matter?

It matters because some tuning platforms make it easy to log. Like Cobb.

You can get an OBD2 dongle from Amazon for about $20 and use the Torque app for logging. That's the least expensive easiest way to do it.

MikeyR44

Go Kart Newbie
It matters because some tuning platforms make it easy to log. Like Cobb.

You can get an OBD2 dongle from Amazon for about $20 and use the Torque app for logging. That's the least expensive easiest way to do it.
Got it. What's unfortunate is that it used to be possible with the OBDEleven until they inexplicably removed the feature from the android only version. It was supposed to come back in the new dongle that's compatible with iOS but idk what the plan is for that at this point.

One day I might pick up a used AP with the EQT maps to give it a try... I just can't fathom wasting the money already spent on Uni.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Got it. What's unfortunate is that it used to be possible with the OBDEleven until they inexplicably removed the feature from the android only version. It was supposed to come back in the new dongle that's compatible with iOS but idk what the plan is for that at this point.

One day I might pick up a used AP with the EQT maps to give it a try... I just can't fathom wasting the money already spent on Uni.

Just get the OBD2 dongle and use the Torque app. Cost $20.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Almost a year in and we STILL can't log and export live data.

THIS!! I'm uni stage 2 and would love to pull some logs to see how things are going. My brother in law has an obd2 dongle I might try with torque app. Jim, can that file be uploaded to datazap like the jb4 files?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
THIS!! I'm uni stage 2 and would love to pull some logs to see how things are going. My brother in law has an obd2 dongle I might try with torque app. Jim, can that file be uploaded to datazap like the jb4 files?

I dont know if it can be uploaded to Datazap. I know that you can email to yourself or someone else. Never used Datazap.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Just export to csv and upload to datazap. That being said, I wasn't able to log in Torque until I downloaded Realtime Charts

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
What would be your guess as to how much power you gained? I'm thinking of getting an E30 tune just for weekends.

Honestly no clue. I'm as bad at butt dynoing as I am with telling two different weights apart. All I can say (as folks in California like to say) is this shit rips! For $175 I think it's a no-brainer.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
I've never logged with Torque is Realtime Charts an option on Torque?

Yes, it's an add-on. Not a free app if I remember correctly though