SEAT Ibiza S

golftdi4life

Passed Driver's Ed
Last cars
2005 GTI 1.8T
2006 Golf 2.5L
Both sold in June 2011.
2011 Golf 2 door.
I already miss the MKIV and MKV but loving the MKVI.

Hockeyfan1

Passed Driver's Ed
Haha... my last car was a 1992 honda civic with 289,000 kms on it. good little car for sure cheap to run. HOLY crap do i ever feel spoiled and appreciate the GTI now... :) The point of the civic was to save money and buy the GTI with cash. which is awesome btw. but i had no idea how much more i would appreciate the refinement of this car after suffering through the civic for so many years. haha

McQueen77

Banned
2001 tacoma still miss it sometimes. She was good to me never left on the side of the road.

Cool, I had a '98 Tacoma. Had it for 10 years and sold it for $4k. Should have never sold it. Kick myself daily for selling it. You can just beat on those things for 300k miles but mine had some mechanical problems here and there. Had to replace both o2 sensors, fuel pump, starter motor, etc. etc. usual stuff. Fun little truck though. Oh well.

seedweed23

Passed Driver's Ed
Just got my new GTI today!....this is my first post

My last car was a 1991 Nissan 300zx TT.....pretty heavily modded...hauled some ass!

marcelo929

Passed Driver's Ed
2008 Altima Coupe with the 3.5 V6. slightly faster than the GTI but it was nowhere near as nice interior wise and, had the CVT transmission so it wasn't as fun to drive either.. I still miss it from time to time though. It was my FIRST car...

2008 Mazdaspeed3, favorite car I've ever owned
2010- Jetta TDI
2007- BMW 335i, had it only 6 months, tons of problems

and now my Golf TDI , probably my 2nd favorite...

lalalaprise

Ready to race!
2003 Toyota Corolla CE

5-speed manual, NO power windows, NO power locks, NO cruise, NO A/C, NO problems :)

metzgerOTR

Passed Driver's Ed
1993 mercury tracer lts
2005 toyota corolla s (modded) ....... was on 9thgencorolla.com
2006 mitsubishi eclipse gs (current car) ...... am on club4g.org

hopefully soon to be a 2011-2012 CW 2dr 6mt gti around january next year (ill finally have graduated from college)

AdamC

Ready to race!
Still own a 91 Eclipse GSX, 88 325i, 97 4Runner (daily beater) and a couple of bikes: '77 Honda 750 4k and '04 Suzuki SV1000.

Previous cars:
'77 MG B
2 '95 Eagle Talon TSi FWD's, one A/T and one M/T (makes me appreciate the DSG)
'97 Eclipse GS-T 611 WHP, 60 Trim T4, a f-350 FMIC cut in half, stand alone fuel, etc.

I feel like I'm missing one or two but we'll call it good. All this at the ripe ole age of 25.

metzgerOTR

Passed Driver's Ed
how do you afford to have all of those cars insured and registered?
im wanting a gti for storage (have it garage kept and all my extra money will go towards modding it and keeping it extremely low miles atleast until its exactly the way id wish it was..) and having the eclipse or maybe a e36 hatchback or e30 as a daily but idk if ill be able to have any extra money at the end of the month after paying hundreds of dollars for being able to legally drive two cars on public roads...

sorry for going off topic...back on topic now..

jthorst75

Passed Driver's Ed
I had a 2011 Volvo C30 before my GTI. It was fun but somewhat dull steering. Plus you never saw another one. Also I had 53 others prior to that. Fun hobby and don't plan on stopping.....or until my wife leaves.

AdamC

Ready to race!
I only drive and keep insured the 4Runner, GTI, and both motorcycles. 4Runner actually helps, I think it costs around $47/month to keep it insured liability only, then listed as my primary vehicle, I do drive it most of the time. When I have the GTI as a secondary vehicle, even with full boat coverage, the rate is much lower (save more) than the $47/month premium I pay to insure the 4Runner.

It's complicated, given my line of work, I'm in real estate. Own the 4Runner and the motorcycles, lease the GTI. Cars through Progressive, and bikes through Dairyland (Sentry).

You should work with your agent to see how they can fit a plan best for you, often what I've found is the greatest cost is actually maintaining two cars at once.

Hope the mess helps at all.

*The car I forgot was a 2003 Jaguar X-Type 3.0. Sluggish dog which also makes me appreciate DSG. Also a lease.