Passed Driver's Ed
Past:
03 Ford Focus SE - college car
08 Honda Accord Coupe V6 - first new car, boring
07 Subaru Legacy GT - fantastic car, miss this one
08 BMW 335xi e90 - great car, way too many issues

Current:
11 Ford Mustang GT - own this one for sunny days and the drag strip
11 GTI 2dr - love this almost as much as the Mustang for completely different reasons.

haydini

What car did you have before you got the MK6?

I've even noticed a lot of people from many forums who are getting/have the new GTI/Golf came from what is to believe higher-lined cars such as the 5-Series, M3, Audi A6, 350z etc.

Just wondering what made you get a GTI, what did you drive before (and if you did downgrade, why?), and if you have a pic of your last car post it.

I recently got rid of my car (unfortunately i don't have pics), but it was a white 2009 Acura TSX. Very nice car indeed, but me and my g/f live together she had a car (not as good as mine in the least), but no point having two vehicles in a condo when we live downtown. And i'm the type who wants a new car often so i decided to get rid of mine. (only had it for 8 months and racked up nearly 12k miles!)

Btw g/f has a 08 mercury milan (yuck). I cannot stand that car, but at $250/mo(acura was about $450-ish), non-premium gas, and $40/mo insurance(insurance in her name, acura was about $100+/mo for me) it couldn't be beat at the time. lol But now i'm ready to get my GTI!

I had a 1992 Toyota Camry station wagon all throughout high school. It was an absolute piece, and everytime I would show up to someone's house they made fun of it. Everyone else in my house had nice, newer cars (2004 WRX Impreza STI, 2010 Sport Honda Fit, 2011 Honda Accord) but I wanted to hold out with my car until it broke down, to have money saved etc.

I just got my GTI 2 days ago and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! I have never had fuel economy this good, nor have I ever been able to haul ass as well as in the GTI! I have a 2010 GTI with the Autobahn package and I have fallen in love, along with all of my friends and family :).

VentoGT

Ready to race!
1991 e34 BMW M5...amazing car, will have another someday if I can find one not beat to shit.

Previous:
1997 Jetta 2.Slow GT
2001 e46 323Ci
2000 Porsche 996 Carrera
1997 Porsche 993 Carrera [Favorite 911 ever]
1992 Porsche 968 Coupe
2002 e46 M3 Coupe
1991 e34 M5 [favorite all around car ever owned]

Last edited:

philly624

Ready to race!
2008 MKV GTI DSG

WAP

Go Kart Champion
^^^ HOT!!!!!

rich337

Ready to race!
this is my first VW :D

my last car:

others:
- '08 Z4M Coupe
- '04 TSX
- '05 S2000
- '03 G35C
- '95 Integra

StigsFatAmericanCousin

Ready to race!
^ Why did you get rid of that?

'99 Grand Cherokee - Had an awesome feature where the front brakes would lock up while driving. The rotors didn't like that too much.