What was your last car?

Darkmkvigti

Ready to race!
2004 Mazda 3

Last edited:

Geofux

Ready to race!

2000 Jetta 1.8T
Still my current car... just waiting on the GTI..

It's been really annoying me lately with surging..
For anyone that's curious:
Revo Stage 1
Borg-Warner K04
High flow exhaust manifold
Eibach lowering springs
R32 skidplate

1982 Fiat X1/9.. one of the toys.. sorry for crappy pic, it was taken the first night I had it with my cellphone.

1969 or so Fiat 850 Sport Coupe.. another one of the toys.. (I'm a bit of a Fiat nut..)

1984 Jetta GLI - was my winter beater for a bit - sold it... absolute blast of a car. It had been used as a solo II car for several years and the original owner only sold it last year.

Last edited:

Fergusdaddy

Last Car

Hi all, new member here. I've been hanging around this forum for a few weeks since my Golf arrived, and now I'm joining in!

My last car was a 2005 VW Passat S 1.9TDI, which looked pretty good for a standard no frills model, but was a reliability nightmare! It was a company car though, but I would not have been impressed if I'd bought it. The first thing to go was the fuel pump, followed at six monthly intervals by the starter, immobiliser, turbo, then clutch! It was a miracle it lasted 4 years and 97,000 miles to be honest! However, I put it down to a bad day at the VW factory and decided to give them another chance when it came to my new car.

Some might say going from a Passat to a Golf is downsizing, but for 90% of the time it's only me in the car, and it's really not noticibly smaller inside anyway. The fact was the Golf, with a higher spec and a pile of extras, was the same price as another bog standard Passat, and if it turns our to be as bad as the Passat, at least it'll be a nicer place to sit in while I wait for recovery!

Not to sure what all the non Europeans view of VW is, but they do have a very good reputation and high price over here, so I assume my Passat was just a blip. I've noticed on the forums that the standard equipment on the European cars is much better than the US models(Auto lights and wipers, dimming mirrors etc)
The Golf is better in every department except boot space (Trunk!?) and I'm enjoying every minute of driving it so far.

Attachments

• Passat S.JPG
    Passat S.JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 240
  • Golf SE.JPG
    Golf SE.JPG
    194.6 KB · Views: 250

tplociniak

Go Kart Newbie
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, really loved that car and all its options, the interior was my favorite part...but I love my new 2010 GTi 6spd, definelty don't regret getting rid of the Jeep

Attachments

• new jeep 019.jpg
    new jeep 019.jpg
    293.3 KB · Views: 241
  • new jeep 012.jpg
    new jeep 012.jpg
    384.1 KB · Views: 248
  • IMAG0024.jpg
    IMAG0024.jpg
    351.5 KB · Views: 245
  • IMAG0018.jpg
    IMAG0018.jpg
    331.4 KB · Views: 247

callmegti

Go Kart Champion

1993 lexus sc300 5spd :cry:

but the gti :happyanim: made me forget about my old car lol but i will miss that rwd

drueb

2007 G35 Coupe, 19" Tire/Wheel Package, Premium Package...Bose...pewter/black interior...very expensive to maintain, and a bear to drive...

yackub

'70 VW Beetle 'Sunbug'
'83 MB 240D, Panzer Tankmobile (lawnmower slow but the most bulletproof thing to come out of Germany)
'98 Jetta GLS, blacked out
'89 MB 560 SEL, 1 previous owner, sexy, miss it daily.

'08 GTI: United Gray, 6spd, Autobahn, 18's, CAI, 20% tint
'10 GTI: CSG, DSG, Interlagos, 18's...

Love the '10, and it's only 1 mo. old. Feels almost 10k more expensive than the 08. However, just not as punchy as my '08 with the CAI. DSG just seems ponderous at times in mixed traffic. Sport mode is almost overkill once it starts to hold gears till 6800 RPM. Miss launchability of 6spd without wheelspin. Miss the Summer Tires, A/S tires suck. Now, becoming obsessed with mods to unlock the potential