GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What will it take to beat an EVO???

gatorjake

.:Roc on...
that twin turbo r32 from hpa is damn near enzo fast. just wicked quick. will also set you back around 50k not including the base price of the car. all total, about 85 grand for the ultimate sleeper with all wheel drive. ...nobody or nothing you encounter on a daily basis will come close to catching you.

generic83

lol wheel spin
that twin turbo r32 from hpa is damn near enzo fast. just wicked quick. will also set you back around 50k not including the base price of the car. all total, about 85 grand for the ultimate sleeper with all wheel drive. ...nobody or nothing you encounter on a daily basis will come close to catching you.

except plenty of modded evos

gatorjake

.:Roc on...
still don't think a modded evo will stand a chance. twin turbo six is greater than twin turbo four. granted, nicely modded evo's are fast but check out motortrend's video of this car. just plain sick!!! ...by the way, check out hpa's site for the twin turbo TT that was at sema. same install can be had on a mkv r32 with dsg. the photo above is of a euro spec r32 with 6 speed manual. ...loads of torque (read: too much for dsg),

tasteofink8733

IlluminatiBilderbergNWO
11.9 is not fast for an evo.

TarmacSpecial

Terror On Two Wheels
Car(s)
2008 Volkswagen GTI
I just get out of my car and get on my bike! :lol:

nectar

crab in my shoemouth
it's not a gti. it's a .:R32. like i said before. 6>4!!!

doesn't change the fact you aren't gonna beat an evo...unless you've seen one get into the 10s (on a stock block that is). buddy is pushing right around 560 on pump gas in his evo IX. if you throw 50K at it, for an HPA kit, maybe. but 50K into an evo...and you're talking ludacrious speed.

i love vw's...but they aren't cheap to make really fast. they look good though (=
________
Sequoia

Last edited:

TurbO_Lag

Aint I?
Car(s)
2008 GTi MkV
great I have some questions from 2006 I'd like answered as well. TTT with eronious outdated info to boot

you revived a 2+ year old thread for that? :thumbsup:

I disagree, I think his "200 Shot of NOS" comment was well worth bringing this thread back...:rolleyes:

Very informative :clap: :clap: Thanks!!

On a completly un-related question, does anyone know where the first thread created? I'm gonna find that bish and bring it back...

GTIzzle07

NY Dubz
Car(s)
2007 GTI
will a stock gti be able to take a stock wrx or evo?

no, but we can hang with a sti, for a bit. i raced one stock and he gained about 2 lengths on me up too about 100. So, they dont nessessarily "destroy" us, but they will beat us.