GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What will it take to beat an EVO???

DasBoost

Armed The Flux Capacitor
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
no, but we can hang with a sti, for a bit. i raced one stock and he gained about 2 lengths on me up too about 100. So, they dont nessessarily "destroy" us, but they will beat us.

correction.....

yes, you can beat a stock wrx.... all else fails, hang with it.... i've owned 2 wrx's and a sti.... and still hang out with my wrx buddies... never fails...

and yeah, an evo isn't invulneable... never lost against one in the sti, and hung with'em in the wrx's.... i'm willing to bet that a stage 2 (with supporting mods) gti can hang with, if not beat, an evo at roll.... assuming an experience driver at the wheel.... lighter weight, better turbo response, about equal power to the wheels.... nothing is impossible....

but then again... two entirely different classes of cars.... i don't see why would a gti owner pick a fight with an evo to begin with? i left the suby's to get away from that kinda sh*t.... haha

GTIzzle07

NY Dubz
Car(s)
2007 GTI
correction.....

and yeah, an evo isn't invulneable... never lost against one in the sti, and hung with'em in the wrx's.... i'm willing to bet that a stage 2 (with supporting mods) gti can hang with, if not beat, an evo at roll.... assuming an experience driver at the wheel.... lighter weight, better turbo response, about equal power to the wheels.... nothing is impossible....

hmm interesting.... i would like to see the outcome of this

TurbO_Lag

Aint I?
Car(s)
2008 GTi MkV
WHY ARE PEOPLE STILL TALKING TO THE OP LIKE HES EVEN STILL HERE! THIS THREAD IS 2 YEARS OLD, LET IT GO!!

/rant
/thread

nectar

crab in my shoemouth
Why are you all trying to compare a gti to an evo in the first place? They are two different cars, buil for different reasons. Evo- a factory built rally car. GTI- A sport touring car. Mostly all european built cars are made for touring with the ability to be driven at high speeds COMFTORABLY without getting headaches from the drive. AUDI, BMW, Mercedes, VW, ....etc all european built touring cars that STILL haul ass on the highway AND you can fit 1-4 full grown men in the cars COMFTORABLY. Europe has roads designed for cars to be driven across country at highspeeds. Thats why when you look at some of the suspension and handling of european cars, they are very strong.

QFT!!!
________
Mercedes-Benz M271 engine picture

Last edited:

gtiboy87

GTI ON CRACK!!
Car(s)
2007 mkv gti
WHY ARE PEOPLE STILL TALKING TO THE OP LIKE HES EVEN STILL HERE! THIS THREAD IS 2 YEARS OLD, LET IT GO!!

/rant
/thread

didnt know that. I just saw the post and typed something quick. If its two years old why was it on here in the first place? I am on here daily and i have never seen it!!!!!!!!!!!

TurbO_Lag

Aint I?
Car(s)
2008 GTi MkV
Some dood brought it back from the dead, just to say

"200 Shot of NOS"... :clap: :clap: :clap:

And his amazing comment sparked this amazingly entertaining thread back to life. :iono:

HORAY...:thumbdown: (Not so much) :paddle:

InfraRed

Driving on the wrong side
Car(s)
91 R32 Skyline GTS-T

TurbO_Lag

Aint I?
Car(s)
2008 GTi MkV
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

mikegabriel

Banned
Car(s)
2008 GTI MKV
I disagree, I think his "200 Shot of NOS" comment was well worth bringing this thread back...:rolleyes:

Very informative :clap: :clap: Thanks!!

On a completly un-related question, does anyone know where the first thread created? I'm gonna find that bish and bring it back...

You lost but it was pretty simple to find... LOL.

http://golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1