Option

Votes: 6 22.2%

Votes: 14 51.9%

Votes: 7 25.9%

• Total voters

xxForgedxx

Ready to race!
Have you thought about option 4:

Finding a nice classic car for around 15-20 k?... Nothing like the roar of 60-70's V8, or perhaps a nice classic 80's Turbo car that's been done up to the 9's. :biggrin:

Either way you can make, or buy one that's a pretty decent track monster.

A friend of mine has a '68 Mercury Cougar XR-7 (390), it WAS balls out fast, and then he bored the engine out to 416, new forged pistons, new cams, new gears, posi, etc... The things is going to be a monster when he gets back on the road in the spring. :thumbsup:

Classic cars are a very expensive venture, especially if you have something desirable because parts more often than not are far from readily available. Gas mileage is horrible and so isn't the technology. It's something you have to have another car to really enjoy, it doesn't take much before you miss new age tech. I'd love to have one but not as an only car with the other car being a beater or winter car.

Khobin~

Go Kart Champion
Classic cars are a very expensive venture, especially if you have something desirable because parts more often than not are far from readily available. Gas mileage is horrible and so isn't the technology. It's something you have to have another car to really enjoy, it doesn't take much before you miss new age tech. I'd love to have one but not as an only car with the other car being a beater or winter car.

I thought you that's what you were looking for...a second car for having some fun in. :wink:

Yeah as a DD the classic route probably isn't the best. :biggrin:

DanSan

meerkat
ditch the evo 8... get an evo 9

Dredknut

DSG Fart Fanatic
Don't get anything SRT. :barf:

I voted option 1, s2000 if a 2 seater suits your lifestyle. Either that or an evo in option 2...

Honestly take what you save and make some smart investments now while the market is cheap. Smart investors buy in times like these. You could throw some much nicer cars to your list of options a year or two from now. If I had some spare cash thats what I would be doing right now, but sadly I was buying a year ago at this time :cry:

julito04

I plead the fif.
wait, so now you have $25k from somewhere and you will be spending it all on a car? This is like the 300 other threads youve started. And in all of those you ask for opinions and shoot them down bc they are not perfect enough for you.. why start another one? I thought you were in a financial bind lately anyways?? Youd think you would stick with your own option 1 and call it a day.

http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63012

OmegaArts290

Passed Driver's Ed
I would like to put a vote on an RX-7.. just because '98 Supra isnt on the list..and its what i would do with that kind of cash.

Rissa422

Ready to race!
if it was me, i'd put all 25k in my evo. If I was you I'd buy a nice evo 9 (SE a plus; not MR) for 20k or less even. You can find a nice stock one with just a little patience. Add 5K in mods and you won't regret it... sooooo much fun to drive anywhere.

Also I'm in your area and once I put another $1500 in my car (3K total) I'll show you what a 400whp+ evo feels likes... you'd still have money left for suspension and tires!!!:headbang:

ignore the STI fanboy lol. My roommate loves his subaru, but its too bad it's always broken in his driveway!:bellyroll: (jk they're cool too I guess)

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
In the bible it clearly states that only god knows when the end is and there is no set date

Thanks for clarifying that. I's starting to wonder...

Seriously: If I were you then I wouldn't hold back from getting what I wanted. Go all out, or you'll never be happy with a car you settle on.