GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Why The American Car Market Sucks: a Microcosm

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Similar story here. I specifically searched out the regal during the auto show because I was interested in it. I also thought it was nice but the lack of manual was a problem for me.

When I went into VW the day I bought my car I decided to be an adult. I was there to look at a nice golf sportwagen I found. It was black, had the dual sunroof which was a neat thing, drove just fine. The dealer is a family friend (spends Thanksgiving with us every year) and said "I thought you would have wanted a GTI". No, no I really like it but I'm going to make a grown up choice I have a dog the wagon is good. Want to just test drive one while you're here?

I test drove the GTI, pulled back into the lot, parked next to a night blue s, pointed at it and said "I want this one".
Or be an adult and own the wagon but make it an R wagon (-ish). 🤣

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Similar story here. I specifically searched out the regal during the auto show because I was interested in it. I also thought it was nice but the lack of manual was a problem for me.

When I went into VW the day I bought my car I decided to be an adult. I was there to look at a nice golf sportwagen I found. It was black, had the dual sunroof which was a neat thing, drove just fine. The dealer is a family friend (spends Thanksgiving with us every year) and said "I thought you would have wanted a GTI". No, no I really like it but I'm going to make a grown up choice I have a dog the wagon is good. Want to just test drive one while you're here?

I test drove the GTI, pulled back into the lot, parked next to a night blue s, pointed at it and said "I want this one".
I wanted a base Golf or a Sportwagen and the same thing happened to me. Ended up asking for a Urano Rabbit and they had one brought in.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Funny, the euro rags reviewing the Mk7 R wagon is what finally got me interested in the Mk7 in the first place. I don't really need a wagon for my dog and one kid, but if they were to bring the R wagon over here, I'd buy one just on principal.
I would have bought it as well I think. I knew going into this that I was goign to buy the base S GSW with 4Mo and DSG and upgrade the turbo, tune, etc. It's been such a great/fun car.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
I would have bought it as well I think. I knew going into this that I was goign to buy the base S GSW with 4Mo and DSG and upgrade the turbo, tune, etc. It's been such a great/fun car.

I’m not at a point in life where I could afford an R Wagon if it was available. But I CAN afford my 25K Alltrack and upgrading it incrementally to the same spec. And I like the uniqueness of a GFG Alltrack in R-Spec. Like you said - R-Track baby lol