GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Will a diverter valve spacer and a GFB dv+ work together on a MK6 GTI?

NateyBo

So I've tried to find out if I could install both a diverter valve spacer and the GFB dv+ and have found nothing. So I've come here to ask if anyone has any information about it and or has tried to do it and if it works or not.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
But why??

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Spacers are useless and rob you of precious boost.

NateyBo

But why??
So I have a cold are intake system and I have been getting that whistle sound when I guess I'm under a lot of boost, and I did some research and found out the GFB dv+ fixed that problem, and I also want to get more sound with the spacer, do you think the spacer alone will help with the whistle problem, and btw I do have the revision d diverter valve.

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
The spacer is horrible and can cause issues do not use it. The rev g may or may not fix the resonance from the intake you may have to live it it. Personally I find the DV sound with or without a gfb and an intake to be pretty loud. Its gets really loud if you remove the hood insulation

Last edited:

NateyBo

The spacer is horrible and can cause issues do not use it. The rev g may or may not fix the resonance from the intake you may have to live it it. Personally I find the DV sound with or without a rev d and an intake to be pretty loud. Its gets really loud if you remove the hood insulation
So it is okay to remove the insulation, okay good, thank you I will cancel my order for the spacer, do you think the GFB DV+ is still good tho, from what I’ve seen it holds more boost and stops the noise.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
help with the whistle problem
Remove the whistle tips?

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Remove the spacer. No one on this forum is dumb enough to recommend it and you will be flamed every time you post about it. And rightly so.