GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner...

rs_hunter

Ich blute VW-Blau & weiße
Those plants are there because land is cheaper and so are employees, it's about money..... your faulty logic ftl.

It's about total cost of operations. There is a hell of a lot more to it than land and wage costs. Otherwise, those plants would be just across the border in Mexico. You remember NAFTA, right?

Your lack of knowledge and experience in the auto manufacturing and logistics industries, FTL (I can't believe I've started using these acronyms)...

Lucidity

Marx
It's about total cost of operations. There is a hell of a lot more to it than land and wage costs. Otherwise, those plants would be just across the border in Mexico. You remember NAFTA, right?

Your lack of knowledge and experience in the auto manufacturing and logistics industries, FTL (I can't believe I've started using these acronyms)...

They've tried Mexico, couldn't get the quality they wanted.

rs_hunter

They've tried Mexico, couldn't get the quality they wanted.

That's part of the total cost equation. The skill levels of the available labor pool and/or the cost to bring the skill levels up to where they need to be are just one of many factors. That is why you often see the local educational systems being mentioned in the efforts to attract modern manufacturing facilities.

This is one reason that I say that the growing investments, by the manufacturing firms I listed earlier, is further proof of the intelligence and skills that disprove the Southern stereotypes.

As an interesting point, did you know that GM was able to achieve higher quality numbers at a Mexican Buick plant than they were able to at an upper Mid-West facility? I'm not laughing about it, I just found it rather stunning...

bovice

Banned
fuck it. im gonna move to western australia and live in a hut on the beach and surf all day long

rs_hunter

fuck it. im gonna move to western australia and live in a hut on the beach and surf all day long

Ixtapa, Mexico has some great surf and it'd be a helluva lot cheaper, too. It's even Corky Carroll approved!