GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Xbox One

KYGTIGuy

Go Kart Champion
Just went back to Walmart all the Xboxes are gone....... I asked the worker about PS4's, told him I used to stock shelves on 3rd shift during college........Got the 1st PS4 since launch at this walmart. Shipment came in this afternoon. They got "beaucoup" per associate.

AlfaMikeF0xtr0t

Ready to race!
How is Ryse a broken game? My fav between the two consoles so far :(

That's a typo from editing what I said, must have not proofread it well enough. Ryse is not broken, just short, and MP is kinda dumb. BF4 is broken. And I know many of my points are game specific and not the console, but there are still plenty things that need to be fixed with the console itself. Party chat works half the time, seems to be tied to NAT type, but it's not always fixable. UI is slow, instant switching my ass. Can't see HDD space, everything that was easy to find on the 360 is buried like treasure waiting to be found on the One. When you can get party chat to work, you can't be across different games and in MP. Auto game recording is annoying as shit, and if you turn it off, ALL game DVR recording is turned off. No more notifications when friends come online. I could keep going.

And I have not had any framerate issues at all with DR3. Only time it ever has slowed down is if I blew up like 5 cars right next to red barrels and had explosions on a massive scale, and even then the framerate only dropped for all of 3 - 5 seconds.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Neither have great games at the moment. Forza was rushed, no halo, no gt6, no gta5, etc. Also indie titles are still lackluster.

butchered by autocorrecr

nuggstein

Go Kart Champion
Party chat is terrible. If someone lags or someone's controller disconnects, you'll still be in the party, but can no longer communicate. You have disconnect from the party completely, and rejoin in order for it to work again. I don't even understand why it's associated with the controller disconnecting.

Also noticed this when it party chat, if the controller disconnects, or you turn "party chat off," the volume of the xbox decreases by a substantial amount. Only fix is to leave the party completely or turn party chat on.

For some reason my controller disconnects all of the time, causing me to lose party chat functionality, as well as the having to unpause the game (it sucks when playing multiplayer online). I don't know if there's interference from a nearby router in my basement, but I think it was a terrible idea to use WiFi Direct for the controllers. I wish there was a way to alter the frequencies.

These are really my only gripes.

KYGTIGuy

Go Kart Champion
Party chat is terrible. If someone lags or someone's controller disconnects, you'll still be in the party, but can no longer communicate. You have disconnect from the party completely, and rejoin in order for it to work again. I don't even understand why it's associated with the controller disconnecting.

Also noticed this when it party chat, if the controller disconnects, or you turn "party chat off," the volume of the xbox decreases by a substantial amount. Only fix is to leave the party completely or turn party chat on.

For some reason my controller disconnects all of the time, causing me to lose party chat functionality, as well as the having to unpause the game (it sucks when playing multiplayer online). I don't know if there's interference from a nearby router in my basement, but I think it was a terrible idea to use WiFi Direct for the controllers. I wish there was a way to alter the frequencies.

The party capabilities is what made 360 great. If they fuck that up I'll be disappointed. I do plan on getting one eventually, probably after the first price drop.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion

Do you have a home phone? Iirc it's the 2.8khz wireless signals that are known to interfere pretty awfully with any WiFi connection. It would be even worse for a latency sensitive connection like that.

butchered by autocorrecr

nuggstein

Go Kart Champion
Do you have a home phone? Iirc it's the 2.8khz wireless signals that are known to interfere pretty awfully with any WiFi connection. It would be even worse for a latency sensitive connection like that.

butchered by autocorrecr
Yes, but I believe they run at 5GHz, which shouldn't interfere with my WiFi network. I don't understand why there isn't an option to change the controller's channel. I guarantee you so many people have this problem. My rear surround sound speakers are wireless, and also run on a 2.4GHz frequency, but I am able to change the channel so it doesn't interfere with my wireless network. As long as you have them set to channels 1, 6 or 11 (all different spectrums), there shouldn't be any interference. My wireless speakers and WiFi work great. WiFi is @ channel 11, speakers are @ channel 6. Most people don't change channels on their routers, I wonder if the controllers are using channel 11. I wish there was a way to find out, but I highly doubt anyone at Microsoft's support center would have that knowledge.

Last edited:

Balt21

Ready to race!
Forza 5 is supposed to have an update this month, supposedly next week, that will change the economy and add two new modes, drag racing and tag.

IGN said:
Car prices have been reduced significantly, with the on-disc cars reduced in price by 45%. So, the $6 million Ferrari 250 GTO you’ve been saving for is now a more accessible $2 million purchase. The rate at which racers earn money has more than doubled, as well. Turn 10 estimates Forza 5 players will be able to earn exotic cars in one-fifth of the time they earned them in Forza Motorsport 4.
Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/12/12/forza-5-economy-update-introduces-cheaper-cars-drag-racing

The following link talks about the new modes and economy in more depth:
http://news.xbox.com/2013/12/games-forza-5-economy-update

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Aw come on. I like to work for my rewards. This sounds like they're watering down the experience.

butchered by autocorrecr

Balt21

Ready to race!
I think they did it because people were complaining that everything was so expensive and you don't get free cars when you level up. I see where you're coming from though. I haven't played it yet, so I don't know how hard/easy it is to get cars compared to the previous games.

AlfaMikeF0xtr0t

Ready to race!
Your first car is free, it was class C. I was gifted 3 free cars( 2 C's and a D class), not sure why, might have been from my previous Forza plays. Other than that, you have to buy every single car you want, and on average, earn roughly $4k - $9K per race. Not exactly the best way to accumulate enough money to buy those dream super cars.

zrickety

The Fixer
I like Forza Horizon, but the car physics are too unreal for me. Even makes the playground games less fun because cars are so evenly matched. I'm glad Forza 5 is not that way, though I'm in no hurry to buy the One.