GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Xbox One

Calvinball

Go Kart Champion
I probably won't get a new system for a while, til the prices do their first drop maybe. But, I am considering switching to the Sony side.

Reasoning:

I pretty much never game online. I use xbox live for streaming netflix, and that's about it.

That would be free with the PS4.

zrickety

The Fixer
True, Sony got that part right. That and blu-ray are the saving graces of our ps3.

Calvinball

Go Kart Champion
True, Sony got that part right. That and blu-ray are the saving graces of our ps3.

The one thing holding me back; I've always been a Halo fan. The series came out right in the wheelhouse of my video gaming days, when I was in college.

But I'm old now, so the appeal of not paying extra money to stream netflix...which I already pay money for...will most likely be the big issue.

If the xbox turns out to be great, once it's out of it's growing pains, I could always consider getting one and then upgrading my dvd player to one that will stream netflix. We'll see.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Check out Chris Zeigler's tweets about the XBO. Funny as shit

"desperately screaming "xbox next song" at an unresponsive xbox one that cannot hear me over the swedish house mafia it has elected to play"

"why is xbox awarding me achievements every time I listen to rihanna"

"weirdest xbone bug I've had yet: in the middle of playing forza, suddenly battlefield starts. I think of it as a "game shuffle" feature"

Seriously funny guy. https://twitter.com/zpower

Isj

Go Kart Champion
well if anyone is still looking for an xbox one in the tri state area, the Microcenter in yonkers has over 200 of them in stock.

Balt21

Ready to race!
Well, I got the Xbox One for Christmas, so I figured I'd give a little review of the console and the games I currently have after about a week of use.

CONSOLE
Overall, I'm very pleased with the console. It's very quiet, both the fan and disc drive.

The Kinect seems to be improved over the 360 version. The voice commands definitely work better, and you can tell many of the features of the console are meant to be done using voice commands versus the controller (it takes fewer steps with voice commands). I haven't tried any of the motion controls yet as neither of my games really utilize them. I will try the Kinect Sports Rivals demo eventually though to see how they work.

The TV feature is pretty cool. Since I first heard about it, I never thought it would be that useful. I mean, how hard is it to hit the input button? I have been proven wrong though. Switching between games and TV is very quick and painless. Turning the TV, cable box, and XBOX on with one button is very convenient as well. It is also cool to have the TV snapped while you're playing a game/browsing apps. I just wish it was possible to independently control volume (muting TV while snapped and playing a game). This is possbile if you're watching TV (main screen) and have an app (NFL, for example) snapped. You can turn the volume on/off for the snapped app. I will say, it took me a little bit to get the TV picture looking good. The first time I set it up, the TV picture quality was very poor. After going through the TV calibration (within XBOX settings) the quality is good though.

The controller is good, it feels a little bit lighter than the 360 controller. The vibration in the triggers is a nice addition. In Forza, if you break traction they will vibrate (locking brakes up or spinning tires under acceleration). I have the play and charge kit which holds the charge for quite a long time.

The dashboard took a little getting used to. It looks like Windows 8; however, I don't have any real Windows 8 experience to compare the XBOX to. Not having a guide button has also taken some getting used to.

Games
I currently have two games, Forza 5 and Ryse. Game installation took longer than on the 360, although the games are probably bigger in size and both games had to download updates before installing.

Forza 5 plays like any other Forza game. The graphics look great and the gameplay is very good once I configured the assists/controls to my liking. The Drivitars make it a little more interesting/less predictable racing. My only gripe with the Drivitar is that the first corner, even first lap, is a mess, much like any online racing game. Basically if I'm aggressive going into a corner, someone in front of me slams their brakes and I crash into them; if I take it easy someone hits me from behind. Once everyone gets spread out it makes for good racing though. As most probably know, there aren't as many tracks, which in unfortunate.

Ryse is very fun and the graphics looks great. A lot of reviewers gave this game poor ratings, but most of the "normal people" reviews I have read are very positive. I agree with the latter. It seems relatively short, I'm already ~50% through the Campaign, but it is a good story and doesn't feel like a grind. The fighting is good for a game where your only weapon is a sword and shield. Instead of upgrading your weapons throughout the game, you upgrade your soldier's skills. Executions are almost cinematic, especially if you're fighting multiple people at one time. Once I finish the campaign, I will give multiplayer a try.

Cliffs
Overall, I am very happy with the XBOX ONE. The gameplay/graphics are very good (for the games I have played), the TV integration is much better than I anticipated, and the hardware seems to be of good quality thus far. I'm very happy I chose the XBOX ONE

HailToTheKing

Passed Driver's Ed
For anyone who didn't know: go to forzamotorsport.net and click on the rewards tab. I got close to 5 million credits in total and they also gifted a Ferrari F12 and two other cars I can't remember.
Don't know how much you guys kept up with the early xbox one news but there was supposed to be a family sharing plan where you could share any game in your library with the 10 people registered in your family but it got removed for whatever reason. I'm mentioning it because I had to call Microsoft support to fix an NAT issue, which they did a really good job of doing and the support representative (amazingly an American and not outsourced to whatever country) stated that Mircrosoft is reworking the policies of the family sharing option to try to bring it back and even be able to somehow share games purchased as a disc.

KYGTIGuy

Go Kart Champion
:
For anyone who didn't know: go to forzamotorsport.net and click on the rewards tab. I got close to 5 million credits in total and they also gifted a Ferrari F12 and two other cars I can't remember.
Don't know how much you guys kept up with the early xbox one news but there was supposed to be a family sharing plan where you could share any game in your library with the 10 people registered in your family but it got removed for whatever reason. I'm mentioning it because I had to call Microsoft support to fix an NAT issue, which they did a really good job of doing and the support representative (amazingly an American and not outsourced to whatever country) stated that Mircrosoft is reworking the policies of the family sharing option to try to bring it back and even be able to somehow share games purchased as a disc.

That was removed because of the uproar from gamers. It had something to do with the always on requirement or something

Meh. It's too early to tell, besides BF4 there isn't much on either console. PS4 DS4 controllers are having issues with the shoulder buttons, my R1 is already sticking after a week.

Not being able to run an external hard drive blows too.

r1 sticking can be fixed, due to glue freezing, it's dried residue.

ps4 has better graphics, a true gaming console and it's play station

not Xdone.

All the devs are preferring it now.

Soflogtimk6

Go Kart Champion
r1 sticking can be fixed, due to glue freezing, it's dried residue.

ps4 has better graphics, a true gaming console and it's play station

not Xdone.

All the devs are preferring it now.

I have and prefer the ps4 but what do you think is more customizable or the overall better user experience. So far I'm liking the ps4 a lot.