GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Your BEST picture

omegach

Banned
na man, seriously you gotta stop doing this to me man....your pics leave me gob smacked..they are awesome and then some. :clap:

Keep'm coming omegach...as they only inspire me to get out there and shoot some more.
quit flattering me ong, it's not good for me

let's see some pics. :]

ONGIE

okay omegach, here's one i took a few days back of my mate and his CW....i like the composition on here with the CW shadow and him standing there with his shadow.

Attachments

• Dan_Original.jpg
    Dan_Original.jpg
    368.7 KB · Views: 1,122

omegach

Banned
i like the composition a lot too, but from a technical standpoint it could use some improvement

the lighting in this shot looks a bit tricky. you've got the harsh light on the right/rear of the car, which leaves the front of the car underexposed. so if you want to get the detail on the front you're gonna need a long exposure... which leaves the side of the car over-exposed. you could either solve this w/ HDR, or you could buy an off-camera flash and point it at the front of the car so the entire car is properly exposed.

but again, awesome color and composition!

ONGIE

i like the composition a lot too, but from a technical standpoint it could use some improvement

the lighting in this shot looks a bit tricky. you've got the harsh light on the right/rear of the car, which leaves the front of the car underexposed. so if you want to get the detail on the front you're gonna need a long exposure... which leaves the side of the car over-exposed. you could either solve this w/ HDR, or you could buy an off-camera flash and point it at the front of the car so the entire car is properly exposed.

but again, awesome color and composition!

ya that one looks tough. could have also shot it with the meter on center weight.

Thanks for your tips guys...I will be shooting this pic again soon and i will def try different variations , as i want to have the GTI fully exposed...however the next ones will be with my TR and me standing there..i'll post it when I'm done.

omegach

Banned
ya that one looks tough. could have also shot it with the meter on center weight.
dunno if that would do anything. the range in values is just too big for one exposure to handle

Thanks for your tips guys...I will be shooting this pic again soon and i will def try different variations , as i want to have the GTI fully exposed...however the next ones will be with my TR and me standing there..i'll post it when I'm done.
i think ideally, the car should be behind the light source (so the front is exposed properly) and you should be standing in front of the light for the silhouette effect

ONGIE

^ will try it...do you use CS3 or Photomatix to HDR?, i've got both, and i'm currently using Photomatix, however my HDR's look like a dogs breakfast..lol...any tips for this noob would be appreciated.

ONGIE

^..LOL..at least you get some, i get many.I guess practice makes perfect...i just finished my first attempt at one, I'll post it on the HDR thread...looks like a dogs breakfast though, anyways i'll post now.

NewaveRide

LOLOMGWTFEUROVERATED
i got photomatrix but everytime i try HDR it comes out grainy. any ideas?

ONGIE

^ your'e a lucky fakr to have the def omega skills by yourside gtiTom....that pic kicksass BIG TIME

NewaveRide

LOLOMGWTFEUROVERATED
Shoot with low ISO to start out. Noise in your merged photos = Lots of noise in your HDR. Also tone down the micro contrast. That will help a little too.

alright, thanks for the help. i'll give that a try when i get a chance