What did you do to your MK6 today?

Bowthewow

Ready to race!
Test fit this spoiler
C8ABB450-55CB-4C41-A2DB-B7744C1A8CBA.png

Last edited:

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
put together a few clips of the exhaust , gopro was mounted right by the licenses plate . Mic (rode video micro) was picking up more background noise than i would have liked, but still sounded pretty good.
Might be the best sounding catback and downpipe combo for the mk6 gti imo.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Pulled the Soundaktor plug out. I'm amazed at how much better the cabin sounds. What a change.
Make sure you use a sandwich bag and rubber band/zip tie around the disconnected unit. If you dont, water can run down the rain tray and short out your electrical system.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Only took me 3 years but I got it through. Time to pull the cat off and put the crackle tune back on.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Only took me 3 years but I got it through. Time to pull the cat off and put the crackle tune back on.
What broke on you from 90k mi -> 145k mi?

smanierre

Autocross Champion
The o2 sensor was fucked up since I bought the car, finally got around to actually getting it fixed and through emissions though. Had to replace the ECU and put on a catted exhaust and o2 spacer.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Im always curious to hear what has broken on high mileage cars. Sounds like yours has been pretty reliable.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
How much is the IE catch can? Is it BFI expensive?

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Cleaned up my engine bay a little bit, pulled the engine cover in the process and found that the previous owner had put in RedTops :cool:

Hands are a little bruised from the Soundaktor squeeze... totally worth it tho. Need to do the sandwich bag suggestion from JoeMama still...